MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: PS2, X-Box, or PC gamer?
Poll Options
PS2, X-Box, or PC gamer?

Old 12-13-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Default PS2 vs. X-Box vs. PC - which is your favorite?

Which is your favorite system to play games on and why? It would be nice to see some people reply that have the PS2 and the X-Box and play games on their PC as well.

Also which system's games (PS2 or X-Box) are easiest to make playable "backup" copies of?
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 09:25 AM   #2
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

I personally own an X-box, but I like the 2 systems close to equally. The huge internal memory of the X-box is awesome, but having to buy the DVD playback kit is just a little hassle (although not really expensive).

The argument last year was the number of games available, and the PS2 was far ahead, but now theres a huge selection of x-box games.

Both systems are starting to go with the interactive play. This is really cool, as I've killed many friends in Halo that live no where near me. And by the way Kevin, if you buy an x-box, you are pretty much required to buy Halo, as it is the best game ever made its one of the oldest X-box games and theres still such a high demand for it, its still $50 in stores!

If ya wanna come by my place sometime and try out the x-box, feel free. I've got a few racing games, and a few "shoot-em-up" games too.

see ya,
-drew
Old 12-13-2002, 10:28 AM   #3
kiku2sleep
Registered Member

I was trying to decide between the 2. After looking at the specs I went with the Xbox. I haven’t had enough game play on either to give an educated opinion. Xbox just seemed to offer more for the same price and it included 2 games. The Xbox also has support for surround sound and HDTV. I think ps2 has support for surround sound but not HDTV. I don't know of many games out now with HDTV support but hopefully they will start coming out with more.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:44 AM   #4
WADS56
gear banger

The x-box and ps2 are equal in my book. PS2 was not as good as it now seince the x-box release. IMO the all the games for the x-box are cool but most of them seem weak and they get lazy, x-box could do much better. There is so many playstation games to choose from and most of the newer games all rock and are detailed to the T. I went with the playstation because I don't see Sony being out done by anyone in video game technology, not even microsoft.
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation Pee See

I chose PC. Yeah there is more games out for the consoles, but my resolution cant be touched compared to the consoles. But i love the playstations. It does alot. Plays DVD's, plays old PS1 games and they kept the controls the same. Very good idea. They have WAY more games than the X Box does. X Box controls are funky. Then X Box has this thing called a remote to playback DVD's.

Until consoles get better resolution, then i will stick with my computer for now. I will buy a PS2, but i will wait until it gets to be a $100 or i get it cheap. Also, i dont have to pay for games when i use my PC!!
Old 12-13-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

x box dominate ps2. I can say that cuz i have taken two games that where on both systems and put them on two screens next to each other and Ps2 looks fuzzy compared to the x box. IF you dont' belive me put the two next to each other and you will see how fuzzy a ps2 is compared plus x box games that are for ps2 always have twice as many featurs for the same game. I can list the specs but i will tell you right now the xbox blows away a ps2. 733 procees to a 289 and with out a harddrive.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 12:45 AM   #7
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

i dunno each have their superior qualities.. the pc has over all power, ps2 has a huge library, relatively easy controls an the DVD built in. i've played the x-box, it was ok.. too many damn buttons imo. K.I.S.S (maybe i'm jus lazy) but halo is fun, i'm jus not good at it, when i upgraded from my ps1, it was jus to play somthin better ps1 games on cause the ol playstation was being a jerk. i bought it with the intend of having the good ol ps1 games, (syphon filter, NFS1-4, test drive, Castlevania S.O.T.N) a dvd player an ps2 games were a huge selling point to me. the x-box seemed rused, an i was whole skittish bout the microsoft being the father of it. considering i've been through 4 windows in a little over 4 years. it s jus seemed a shame to throw away good games jus cause somthin better comes along. plus i bought mine two summers ago, an the x-box was jus born, so it was either this or wait. i possibly might get an x box when the price goes down a lil more.

i still love the 8 bit nes an 16 bit sega games tho.. ROMS kick ***.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 02:32 AM   #8
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

I own PS2, my brother bought me Cube and Xbox. (nice guy, huh? ) Honestly though? PS2. Cube is a great system, but not a lot of people give it credit. It doesnt have enough games. I'm only now getting into the Xbox. Problem is, I don't really have much time for that stuff anymore . My girlfriend does, and she loves my PS2 more than anything else we have. PC stinks cause you have to constantly upgrade.

All games made for the Xbox, PS2, and cube, will work for those systems.

PC games: what? I'm obsolete already?!?!?!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 03:10 AM   #9
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I don't like Nintendo because they never got over Mario. To me they are for kids. I know they have more adult games, but they just never have appealed to me.

I have a PS1 with over 100 games so I would be able to play them on the PS2, but I still have a PS1 so that's not really an option that would do any good. I also have a DVD player so that's not going to be anything that I care to have in a system either.

I am leaning toward the X-Box because the resolution is so much better than the PS2. I have payed the PS2 a few times and it just looks blurry to me compared to the PC. I saw an X-Box title being played which was a rally game and the clarity was great. It was the best looking racing game I had ever seen, which that and road racing are some of my favs. I think that's the way I'm going to go.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-14-2002, 08:38 AM   #10
DemonGT
Registered Member

i think PS2 is the best...it has the most good games...the system dosnt make the system...its the games that make the system...i have gamecube...x box and PS2...so far PS2 has been worth it...gamecube in second...and as for the x box...was a waste of money...they have mabe two or three games that are worth buying...it has a ton of sports games for it which im not into...so far halo..the first game i got for it...is the only game i can say was worth buying

as for PC games..i dont play games on my PC...thats the whole reason behind a "video game system", a PC is a PC...not a video game system.........ment for interent..typeing...research...buying stuff...commuication etc etc.
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 08:45 AM   #11
DemonGT
Registered Member

and if it looks blurry its probubly the screen not the system....games ARNT going to look as good on a tv as on a computer screen cause of the resolutions and colors a monitor has...get a HD TV and it will look super...comparing the way the graphics look on screen i think they are all pretty close...iv found that gamecube has more coloring then the others...the x box can push more polygones onscreen then PS2 but the difference isnt that much....

out of the three x box is the more powerful but..who cares...all its games suck pretty much....i thought the same bout game cube but then they started having games come out i was into...and iv always been a nintendo fan....still have a super nintendo stashed away...and even a Virtual Boy..remember those?
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Old 12-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #12
Tod
Registered Member

i've got a PS2 and i think it's just as good as the X-Box. a buddy of mine has an X and wants a PS2. so it's all a matter of opinion. i wouldn't say either that an X-Box "blows away" the PS2, it's too close to call IMO
Old 12-14-2002, 11:41 PM   #13
LxMustangRacer
Registered Member

I game with my PC and a PS2. If I'm home I'll play my brother's gamecube, which wasn't even an option for your poll. So I game with every one except the XBox. And as far as image quality the PC annihilates any console out there. Seeing as how the XBox is simply a PIII 733 with a GF3 in it, that's beginning to be dated technology already.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:59 PM   #14
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Game Cube is not an option because I'm not considering buying a game cube. To me they are more for kids.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-15-2002, 02:43 AM   #15
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Well, it wasn't too long ago all video games were more for kids.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 08:13 PM   #16
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Well, they are more for little kids. Maybe the new games they have for it are trying to appeal to the older crowd, but it will always be a kids system to me.

Yes, I'm still a kid. Just a big kid

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-16-2002, 07:42 AM   #17
DemonGT
Registered Member

its all in your head..gamecube has some of the same games as PS2 and x box...resident evil is by no means for kids...red fraction 2 with is already out for PS2 is coming to gamecube..im playing metroid prime right now on cube and its not for kids i know that..the game Dead to Rights that came out while back for x box is out for gamecube also....puting a gun to a guys head and pulling the trigger watching blood spirt out isnt for kids...and theres a game called BMX XXX that just came out for all three systems that you can have naked chicks riding bikes..and there are striper scenes with topless girls...yes..mabe nintendo advertises more for kids..but thats it...thats why alot of ppl "think" gamecube is for kids..cause they dont advertise all the nudity,bloody..gory games for it...but it dose have them just as the others do

Next year:

Old 12-16-2002, 11:47 AM   #18
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I just came back from a friend's who has both X-Box and PS2. The PS2 did look a little fuzzy compared to the X-Box.

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
Old 12-17-2002, 01:08 AM   #19
Conman
Registered Member

I'm not voting because I don't really have a solid base for a decision but I will throw in what I think.

The PS2 has some great games. GTA Vice City for example which is not available for other systems.

The X-box is more powerful and will look better.

The PC is by far the most powerful system and will have the greatest graphics and games are easier to come by (if you know what I mean ) but it is by far the most expensive to have a powerful system.

I need a computer for other things so I figured I might as well spend a little extra so I could use it for gaming as well. (almost time to upgrade again ) Consoles are nice because of the simplicity and dedication to only gaming.

do you already have a decent computer or would you have to upgrade if you wanted to really get into gaming. If you need to upgrade I would get a console

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:00 AM   #20
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

My PC is always in need of an upgrade, but at the moment Stang parts needs are a bit higher on the list. The reason I am asking about a game system is I was just a little curious.

I really could use a faster processor because I currently have a 650mhz AMD. But I have 512mb RAM, a new GeForce video card (can't remember which one), and a 21" Dell Trinitron monitor. It does pretty good with any game I throw at it (Medal of Honor is TOO COOL!) and I have yet to see the processor slow me down enough that I notice it. Maybe if I upgraded I would notice, but I am plenty happy with what I have.

Games for the consoles are pretty easy to come by as well, if ya know what I mean That was the main question from my original post that I was wanting to get answered but nobody has replied concerning that as of yet.

So...
Which system is easier to setup to use backup copies? You know how bad it is to use your originals to play games with!

Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241