Thread: radar
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Some states they are illegal. In Tennessee 18 wheelers cannot have them. We use Radar detector, detectors. <lol. Sounds funny.

Most of the new handheld units are of the Dopler type. The K and A, or KA bands are fading out in handheld. Laser units are expensive so most of the State or bigger cities use these.

Detectors will pick up any of these, handheld or mobile units.

As far as scramblers go. They don't work too well with the band type radars. Not perfect all the time. There is one brand of laser scrambler that works well for laser, but can't remember its name. It was $$ though. Check your state for scramblers. Somthing that sends out a signal is illegal in alot of states.

Nothing will help you if your the first one coming around the bend and a officer is waiting. Excluding that laser scrambler, but if the officer has a dopler, K,A , etc your toast.

I was standing on the side of the road one day and stopped a guy for 55 in a 20. He argued that his detector never went off. So I pointed it at another car and clocked it. Still no beep. It was a expensive unit. So I held the trigger a little longer and it finally beeped like mad. It seems the Dopler unit I had was too fast for his detector to pick up on. Sucked to be him.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote