Thread: radar
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

ac97gt

Radar needs stationary and you the moving object, to reflect the signal back to the user. It is possible the Dopler on the next car would have set off the guys detector instantly. Just depends what the signal was bouncing off of. Also his detectors angle or vehicle angle would effect his coverage. There are other things like shadowing, weather also effects it. Rain/fog will sometimes enhance the radar unit 2X. I always thought that was strange.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that most people don't understand is that radar only confirms what I have estimated your speed at. I can guess your speed within 3-5 MPH all day long. I have to, to pass certification. And yes I make mistakes too. But, If I think your going say, 55 and my unit says, 65 or 35 MPH, somethings wrong. Either its me or a flase signal. Usually if the radar reads bad, its waaaaay bad. These new units self test. They are cerified yearly and checked with forks daily. Also they don't read false that often like the old ones did. If a Officer soley relys on the radar gun, hes not doing what he was trained to do, or has never been trained in the first place.

Officers descretion on seeing radar unit in Tennessee it is not a right. I don't recomend asking though. (liar) Officers are not nessesarly going to give you a ticket. A detector means your trying to beat the system. That tips the scales (Not in your favor.) What comes out of peoples mouths is usually what gets them a ticket. I never reduce a ticket. Your warned or get it all. This comes from people bitching that I wrote them for 60 in a 55. When I origanally got them at 75 and reduced it. People always ruin it for others in anything.

What things you say are very , very important. Your busted if you have a radar detector on your dash. Humor is king. Officers listen to peoples **** all day long. Lies all day long etc. Break it up some and treat him like somebody. Meet some Cops [ BEFORE ] you get stopped. Ever take a Christmas card to Police Department thanking them for their hard work? Heck, put a picture of your car on the card, so they can spot you, may save ya a ticket. Pull up to a parked officer and walk over to shoot the breeze with him. Most officers like to talk with people. Don't pull up door to door though. Likely I'll be pointing a pistol at you if you do, although you may not see it. My job is to go home every night.

Things I write may not be fair, but thats how it is. Like it or not. Officers are ALL different. Some good, some poorly trained. Its like anywhere else you go. It's the human factor that gives you good or bad service.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote