MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #1
DemonGT
Registered Member

Default New motor and hood pics!

here is a pic of my new motor installed..and one of my hood...for more pics of my motor and hood you can visit my site

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan

'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Nice... Glad you got it all put together. You are now obligated to post some track #s within the next week (j/k). You gonna clean the engine bay up a little? What kinda intake is that there?
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #3
Kid_Roush
Registered Member

That's Money!

"My Whip Is Tighter Than A Retarded Kid's Shoe Strings!"
Kid_Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
DemonGT
Registered Member

CLEAN THE ENGINE BAY...LOL i did!!....you should of seen it before...i took a presure washer to it and it helped..but i found that the paint in the engine bay is really faded...most likely from heat...and the only way to really make it look good is to have it repainted...which means taken the engine out..which i am NOT doing haha

the intake is a edelbrock victor 5.8 intake

Kid..damn right it is..and alot of work also

here is what it looked like when i pulled it into the garage

'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Old 12-01-2003, 03:25 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Noooo. LOL, I didn't mean "clean" as if it were dirty, I meant like tidy it up like hide and reroute wires (I was kinda looking at the winshield wiper motor area where the vacuum lines are). But, in the other pic the bay actually does look pretty organized. I'll shut up now. It does look great, man.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 12-01-2003, 04:16 PM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Looks good

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
RBatson
Registered Member

Thumbs up

You forgot 'Parachute' on the list of future mods Looks sweet!
Old 12-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
DemonGT
Registered Member

OOOO i see..my bad...but yea..i have thought about that..but as much work as it was slapen that thing in there thinken of hiding the wires in the fenders made me wanna puke LOL...this spring ill be puting the new tranny/clutch in with a slew of misc. parts and just thinken of doing that makes my stomach churn haha.....lets just say i was actually happy to put in away for the winter...which is a first

Next year:

Old 12-02-2003, 04:33 PM   #9
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonGT
thinken of hiding the wires in the fenders made me wanna puke
Hiding the wires isn't the brutally painful job it's cracked up to be. It takes some time, yes....but IMO, the results are worth it. Expecially if you weld all the holes, then fill any uneveness, then shoot some fresh paint on....but just doing the wires isn't too hard of a job.

You could always start with the passenger side. If you get frustrated doing that side, don't even attempt the drivers side.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:01 PM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hmmmm. Happy about putting it away for the winter?? What a weird thought. Never thought of such a thing b4 . Yeah, it's always great to take a break though-- keeps the sport fresh. You deserve a break.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video

Old 12-03-2003, 07:53 AM   #11
DemonGT
Registered Member

i started building the motor in ...march i think..and iv been worken on the new motor and geting it installed ect. ever since...just got it running about a month ago...it ran and drove fine for about two weeks then the starter went out and iv been messing with this and that ever since...put a new starter in and then it wouldnt start..?? reset to TDC and rotor to #1 and it fired right up? but then it wouldnt idle..and i was in the process of figureing that out and the starter craped out...so the car was driveable for two weeks and im already on my third starter

even after i got it running and driveable i didnt even drive it much...just really didnt want much to do with it after all the time i spent on it....definitly need a break...but ill be diving right back into it come spring

P.S. never did find out why it wouldnt idle

Next year:

Old 12-04-2003, 03:28 AM   #12
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
Hiding the wires isn't the brutally painful job it's cracked up to be. It takes some time, yes....but IMO, the results are worth it. Expecially if you weld all the holes, then fill any uneveness, then shoot some fresh paint on....but just doing the wires isn't too hard of a job.

You could always start with the passenger side. If you get frustrated doing that side, don't even attempt the drivers side.
Exactly!

I can do the pass. side in about an hour and the drivers side in about 2. It is very easy to do. Looks tons better. Here's a little pic to motivate you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor 19.jpg (368.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-04-2003, 08:59 AM   #13
DemonGT
Registered Member

very nice...but im still not motivated

Next year:

Old 12-04-2003, 12:07 PM   #14
bri32zz
Registered Member

Thumbs up

WOW!!!! That looks real nice!
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #15
DemonGT
Registered Member

thanks..your car looks very impressive bri32zz

Next year:

Old 12-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #16
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad89stang
Here's a little pic to motivate you.
That looks good but what about the firewall junk?

Do you have any plans to fill the holes?

Old 12-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #17
Bad89stang
Registered Member

I will hide the firewall stuff when the motor comes out. The holes will be filled then. I have already done about ten holes already.
Bad89stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #18
420nitro
Registered Member

Someone mentioned before, hiding your wires in the fender takes some time and effort, but I believe it's well worth it! Here is a pic. of my car, let me know what you guys think.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image002.jpg (195.0 KB, 20 views)
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #19
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Very nice 420 . Those are the results I'm hoping for when I'm all done with mine. After you grinded the welds smooth, what kind of filler did you use to even everything out? Did you even use filler?

Old 12-04-2003, 11:35 PM   #20
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang_Crazy
Very nice 420 . Those are the results I'm hoping for when I'm all done with mine. After you grinded the welds smooth, what kind of filler did you use to even everything out? Did you even use filler?
The filler is called (All Metal) sold by any auto body supply store. The stuff works great. In 80 degree weather, the stuff sets up in 20 mins. If you wait about an hour, you will need a die grinder to get it smooth! So best bet is to wait about the 20 mins. and hit with 180 grit sand paper on a d/a sander. Take your time when you do it and it will come out great.
Later
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote