MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #1
B2r3y
Registered Member

Default 2 More retarded questions for the record......

Guys I have a questions that i should know already but dont and its retarded, but where is the air silencer located so that i can remove it?

Also this w/e i was at the beach and was in the water with my car a bit and need to know whats the best way and easiest, if there is any, to clean the underside of my 88 GT? i want to know and there is no rust on this car and everything underneith is clean so is there anyway that it would rust anything under it easily? Would the water at the beach make my shocks squeak at all in the back driver side?
Bryan
B2r3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

The air silencer is inside the fender well behind the air box. As far as the underside of the car, I guess you can just wash it. I dont think it will hurt it with that little of exposure, but I'm not really sure.

Where at on the beach were you? We went down there on Saturday and got trashed. We killed a liter and a half of crown and a 12 pack of beer in a couple of hours. I was driving my truck, white 93 f-150, lowered and chromed. For the record, I didnt drive home. Someone taxied me around.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #3
B2r3y
Registered Member

Ok i have already removed that, didnt know that was the air silencer!
Well lets just say i was off in the water a bit lol. People were b*tchs and it was extremely packed on crystal beach sat nite so we had to get around them one way or another so i just drove off in the water and said ***** it..
We were on crystal beach sat. nite (dont ask where cuz we were everywhere on there lol ). If you saw a GT 88 5.0 that was maroon on top with silver bottom and turbine wheels that was me, and we were also riding around in my friends yellow 240sx with a wing and black rims. Sun we had a fire going on and me and a friends got everyone on the beach to party with us and had like 20 cars and the only party on the beach as far as we could see sun nite. We prolly went on about 8 or 9 beer runs and killed prolly about 150-200 beers on the day lol so we were pretty fucked up but it was fun.
We are supposed to roll down there this next w/e too iwth our whole crew so if u wanna meet up then pm me.
Bryan
Bryan
B2r3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
NotchJohnson
Registered Member

Put your car up on a lift and spray the hell out of it with a pressure washer. You dont want any salt anywhere on your car man. If youve ever been anywhere up north where they salt the roads in the winter youll know why.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:57 PM   #5
CrazyCar95
Registered Member

im 1000 miles north of the US border in British Columbia, like he said, you dont want salt on your vehicle, not even on the paint, so next time dont drive in the water
Old 03-19-2003, 12:43 AM   #6
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally posted by B2r3y
Ok i have already removed that, didnt know that was the air silencer!
Well lets just say i was off in the water a bit lol. People were b*tchs and it was extremely packed on crystal beach sat nite so we had to get around them one way or another so i just drove off in the water and said ***** it..
We were on crystal beach sat. nite (dont ask where cuz we were everywhere on there lol ). If you saw a GT 88 5.0 that was maroon on top with silver bottom and turbine wheels that was me, and we were also riding around in my friends yellow 240sx with a wing and black rims. Sun we had a fire going on and me and a friends got everyone on the beach to party with us and had like 20 cars and the only party on the beach as far as we could see sun nite. We prolly went on about 8 or 9 beer runs and killed prolly about 150-200 beers on the day lol so we were pretty fucked up but it was fun.
We are supposed to roll down there this next w/e too iwth our whole crew so if u wanna meet up then pm me.
Bryan
Bryan
We got there at about 10 in the morning and were gone at about 4 pm. If I'm going this weekend I'll hit you up. Wehad the same problem, but I was in my truck. People were parked almost to the water.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:50 PM   #7
429mustang
Registered Member

You better watch driving in that godd*mn water! I had my 86 GT for two months (december 2000) when I was cruising to some stores downtown, it was raining. My friend pointed out a parking lot with a pretty big puddle so I had to go through it. I went about 20 feet through it (at least a foot deep)and just as I was rolling out of it my car died. I couldn't get it started all day so I figured I would crank it over that night without the plugs in to get any water (if any) out of the motor, which didn't work. I had it towed to a shop where they couldn't get it to crank over so I filed an insurance claim which was covered under weather damage in my liability insurance (I got lucky). Replacing the motor was priced more than the book value-$2700 (motor was over $3000), so the car was considered totaled. I got $2100, -$500 deductable, $100 to keep my car. When I took the motor apart, a rod was bent up and pushed the piston sideways into the bottom of a cylinder sleeve cracking it. I only spent $100 to get a complete motor off ebay and used it's shortblock to reassemble the motor. Regardless, I won't be driving in any water in the future. (my T-5 busted over this winter, so it won't be doing ANY cruising anyway). STAY OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!