MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Angry Ricer causes my dad to get a ticket

I can't believe it. Dad called me up last night and told me that he took his chevelle out cruising and as soon as he got into town..a town cop followed him everywhere he went. He said he pulled up to a light. Well he said he was minding his business when this fart can'd civic with a picnic wing pulls up beside him and starts revving. My dad's a real laid back kinda guy. He doesn't do much street racing. he just cruises and likes to have fun. Well he revs back and he told me that the ricer boy laughed at him and gave him the thumbs down and pointed to his car..like it was the **** or something. So dad said he locked it down in low and held the transbrake and when the light turned green he nailed it. well after he manually shifted into second he let off. The ricer NEVER got on it. So naturally the town cop saw him and gave him a ticket. Reckless driving and excessive noise If i was a cop i'd be delighted to hear a 13:1 bbc with flows on it. But dad said this guy was a jerk. It sucks to have a car on the street that has any power. You can't do anything hardly. Theirs a cop around every street corner here. Sad thing is..the cops around here don't give tickets to the loud fart can'd ricers..but as soon as a healthy sounding big block makes a little racket they pull him over Sorry for the rant. But i just had to let everyone know that the ricers striked again
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 03:49 PM   #2
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Improper takeoff is a very valid reason for getting a ticket.

That Ricer never held a gun to your Dad's head....forcing him to do something stupid. I agree that it sux, but it's completely his fault.

You can't let these cheased(i)cks in their crappy Rice get to you or allow you to do something you wouldn't normally do. Ignore them....are they really worth your gas cost of even racing them?

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

I disagree.

I've never heard of anyone dying from a good 60'. Sounds like he shut down below 60, and yeah it was an exhibition of speed, but that just lags.

It does kind of sound like what Hammer did the other day in reverse. But I doubt your dad goes looking for trouble all the time. Me thinks the cop was jealous.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 04:19 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That sucks...but it was his fault.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:01 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yeah... That DOES sound familiar....

But your dad KNEW the cop was around...
I don't care who revs at me, if Johnny Law is around, its better to let the rice boy go than to pay a fine....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 05:33 PM   #6
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

It wasn't my dad's fault at all..he said he looked around before he did anything to make sure that cop wasn't right behind him. The cop was hiding behind the convenient store where they always stay to try and catch speeders and what not. He just nailed it real quick and then let off.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I think that is so much BS. i mean how are you gonna die from taking off too fast but still not speeding? Now if your spinning tires and fishtailing all over the place thats a different story.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:02 PM   #8
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

I had a ricer do the same thing to me. I pulled up to a light, and he starts throwing revs at me. So I reved back and put it in low. When I lanched I never broke the speed limit because he didn't even hardly move, then the cop pulls up next to me and pointed in a motion to slow down. I got lucky, he could have gotten me for exhibition of speed, and who knows what else, but I think he wanted the ricer more. The whole time the ricer knew he was there, I felt stupid because I'm usally the one who knews these things. I'm usally the one who laughs when a ricer blows by my at 100 mph or more when I'm doing the speed limit and gets caught.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:17 PM   #9
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
I think that is so much BS. i mean how are you gonna die from taking off too fast but still not speeding? Now if your spinning tires and fishtailing all over the place thats a different story.

Later,
Nick
Sorry Nick but..... you are not the only one on the streets, 'if' you 'launch' your car into something or someone crossing the street , then it's very easy to kill someone without speeding. ... So much for BS.
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27

Last edited by induction; 08-27-2002 at 06:36 PM..
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:31 PM   #10
84LX89GT
Mustangs

You said the cop was behind a convenience store?
Did the cop actually witness him doing this?

That sucks, but sh/t happens when cops have a quota.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 06:58 PM   #11
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Yes the cop was hiding behind the convenient store..and i guess when dad cracked it he came flying out and told him to pull over.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:03 PM   #12
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Forgot to mention that dad now has the car for sale. Here's a pic of it. It now has a tunnel ram with two 600 holleys.

http://ad.cache.collectorcartraderon...2/31590402.htm Pictures don't do this car justice!!
Old 08-27-2002, 07:07 PM   #13
jj_jonathon
Trisket

thats drag racing (isnt it?)....and if you get caught dragging on the roads in florida they take your car and you pay the towing and storing charge while you can't get it out...kinda neat huh? ive reved at cops before...teehee...you just do it in neutral...my car has stock pipes, so im not breaking a noise violation ...also, its fun when you see a cop while youre at a light to go easy off the line so you dont squeal, then hit on it up to 45...hehe...depends on what county im in to do it though, we have laid back cops in one of the counties my "hometown" is split into...i think they dont act so mean cuz they get to drive camaros...hehe...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:09 PM   #14
bald guy 90gt
Registered Member

Default pulled over

that sucks big donkey balls,to bad he didn't have a big truck to run over that piece of chit ricer
Old 08-27-2002, 07:20 PM   #15
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
Forgot to mention that dad now has the car for sale. Here's a pic of it. It now has a tunnel ram with two 600 holleys.

http://ad.cache.collectorcartraderon...2/31590402.htm Pictures don't do this car justice!!
You're right. Especially since the link is broken.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:31 PM   #16
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Being a Policeman I can't agree with the reckless thingy. I only award that when speeding near foot traffic. But I have seen tickets for reckless based on speed alone, kinda chicken poopy if ya ask me.

I do let many cool cars by with alot of different violations. It mostly depends on what someone says when I walk up. "What the heck did I do officer?" sign here.

Remember: If you do it in front of me, I have to put you on the shoulder. If we/I don't, the citizens want back there tax money.

Quota, I wrote 5 tickets last MONTH, hehehehe.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:39 PM   #17
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Being a Policeman I can't agree with the reckless thingy. I only award that when speeding near foot traffic. But I have seen tickets for reckless based on speed alone, kinda chicken poopy if ya ask me.

I do let many cool cars by with alot of different violations. It mostly depends on what someone says when I walk up. "What the heck did I do officer?" sign here.

Remember: If you do it in front of me, I have to put you on the shoulder. If we/I don't, the citizens want back there tax money.

cool cop ....theres a few around here like that

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 08:08 AM   #18
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangII460

Would you mind moving to NJ and patrolling near me?

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 10:13 AM   #19
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

That sucks, stupid ricers. I usually get mad respect from the ricers. They love it when I show up and park my car with theirs. I usually park it by itself (so I'm not assosiated with them ) but they still come and park there car beside me. I actually had some guy drive by me in his Honda slow down and look turn around a few minutes up the road come back and was like common (I was pulled over) and I told him to hold on, but the cop was right behind me and the cop busted my chops for doing stupid **** earlier. I ended up meeting up with the guy, he said it was a 13 second car, it was a Civic hatchback, pretty much nothing but frame and two Ferrari seats in the car. He took everything out of it, he had the 200hp engine and a 100hp shot of NAWWWSSS. The guy admited to being stoned when we first started talking to him and he kept talking and talking. lol I'm pretty sure I won't race anyone who is stonned at the time. All kinds of stupid people out there.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 03:56 PM   #20
inferno
The Instigator

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...threadid=27323

There didn´t seem to bad a response to that thread, but all of a sudden it´s wrong when it is done in reverse. Everyone here are adults(even if they act like children sometimes) and your dad should take responsibility for his actions. He knew a cop was around and still took the risk and paid for it. Whether he saw the cop or not, he knew he was in the area and shouldn´t have been provoked by a car that probably wasn´t competition anyways.