MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-28-2002, 04:17 PM   #21
The Deuce
Registered Member

From what I uderstand of the two situations, the kids Hammer messed with were speeding through the trap, and would likely have been anyway. Eric's dad shut down on the 1-2 and it did not sound like he got busted because he was going too fast, just because the cop had it in for him from the word go.

Both drivers were at fault, but you know what its like when a cop is singling you out for a ticket all night. That's what I don't think was right about this situation.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 05:18 PM   #22
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I agree with you about pedestrians and such induction but thats why i said you should get a ticket if your spinning tires uncontrollably (sp) or like fishtailing. But from what I understand Erics dad just took off fast in a controlled manner and probably made alot of noise I wouldnt consider that dangerous. Especially if his dad has the judgement to do something like that he probably would have looked first.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 05:52 PM   #23
inferno
The Instigator

Well seeing that you two that responded since I posted are from So Cal too, you know that cops can give you a ticket for accelerating rapidly whether you pass the speed limit or not. It doesn't matter that he didn't pass the speed limit, but the fact that he did try to engage in a race, the cop knew it, and he knew it. No need to cry because you did something wrong and got caught for it. It's like a purse snatcher getting mad because he stole a purse in front of a cop and his buddy snatched a purse where there were no cops around.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:08 PM   #24
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
It wasn't my dad's fault at all..he said he looked around before he did anything to make sure that cop wasn't right behind him. The cop was hiding behind the convenient store where they always stay to try and catch speeders and what not. He just nailed it real quick and then let off.
How is it NOT your dad's fault if he's the one that spun tires? Granted the rice gave him a good reason to do it , but I'm sure your pops is a smart cooky...he knows what's legal, and what isn't, and no one FORCED him to do anything I never waste a gallon of gas or a SPECK of rubber on ricers...what's the point? How exactly do you prove reason to someone who thinks a stock civic is FAST??? LOL
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 06:11 PM   #25
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
your dad should take responsibility for his actions. He knew a cop was around and still took the risk and paid for it. Whether he saw the cop or not, he knew he was in the area and shouldn´t have been provoked by a car that probably wasn´t competition anyways.
I agree...blaming someone else for "instigating" your actions is exactly what many Mustangworks members have attributed our crappy "I'm a victim" society to...and justly so. Even if you get a street racing ticket for a race you DIDN'T provoke, you were still willingly participating...

Sometimes when I read the ricer threads on this board, I dunno who's more wrong: ricers, or the overzealous ricerphobes
Old 08-28-2002, 06:12 PM   #26
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

thing is he didn't spin tires..ET Streets..hehe All he did was nail it real quick then let off.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:42 PM   #27
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

you dad's fault.....he knew there were cops around....he took the risk and got busted.....suck it up.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 11:50 PM   #28
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
thing is he didn't spin tires..ET Streets..hehe All he did was nail it real quick then let off.
Yeah but that's also a risk you willingly take when driving a sports car...you ARE going to get more police attention than if you were driving a Toyota Camry. Unfair, but that's life...
Old 08-29-2002, 11:58 PM   #29
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

if i send you a free hat will you be nice to me again? lol
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:49 AM   #30
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
I agree with you about pedestrians and such induction but thats why i said you should get a ticket if your spinning tires uncontrollably (sp) or like fishtailing. But from what I understand Erics dad just took off fast in a controlled manner and probably made alot of noise I wouldnt consider that dangerous. Especially if his dad has the judgement to do something like that he probably would have looked first.

Later,
Nick
1) What you may think is a "controlled manner " may not be the same as a professional driver ie. the officer that gave the citation.
2) Ok but maby you wouldn't consider that dangerous but the law is what it is , weather we like it or not (for now at least) The officer made what may have been a judgement call but that is for him to do after all they do it all day long .
3) Dads judgement ; As you say, "If he had the judgement to do something like that he probably would have looked first" Well I guess not since we are here now with this issue at hand , Thus we return to the Issue of personal judgement . It was a bad move and someone got caught doing it ! S..t happens , and someones gotta take a bite, Via the dual autographed little yellow glove box liner from your local town, parish, city,state,county or goverment aponted official.

Hey I'm no kill-joy ,I like to drive fast & have ( I Lived in Germany for some time ) fun but when I get caught , well I just have to suck it up and try t be smarter about it next time.
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27

Last edited by induction; 08-30-2002 at 11:39 AM..
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:22 AM   #31
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

It should be illegal, punishable by death, to own a ricer
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 09:38 AM   #32
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
if i send you a free hat will you be nice to me again? lol
Hay you've seen me in action, this is nowhere close to MEAN Just playing the devil's advocate

...But, uhm, I wouldn't turn down a free hat
Old 08-30-2002, 09:45 AM   #33
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Yeah but that's also a risk you willingly take when driving a sports car...you ARE going to get more police attention than if you were driving a Toyota Camry. Unfair, but that's life...
what about a camry with a bookshelf on the back?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:37 PM   #34
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
That should get ya 90 days 'under' the Toyota factory with no toilet!!
Old 09-04-2002, 01:23 PM   #35
todd95GT
Registered Member

I will say this, of all the anti-cop (in essence, that's what this is) topics posted here that I have read, this one has had the most mature, reasonable responses I have seen. Finally. Yes, I am a police officer. Reckless? In Florida, there has to be an outright disregard for public safety and property. So no, that is not reckless driving here in this state. As far as the cop "having it in for him"...not likely. I love my 'stang, I love to drive it like it was meant and built to be driven, and I love a good heads-up race, but the law is the law and when I'm donning the uniform, there is no bias. Quotas are unconstitutional. They do not exist. An officer might have his own personal quota, but that's a personal drive. As the other LEO said in his post, attitude does play a big part in certain ticket or non-ticket situations. Sometimes there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it - you did something moronic enough that the only reason I want an excuse is to give me a laugh. Not having any cops in sight doesn't take the responsibility off of the individual. The laws don't end with "...when an officer of the law is present". I've received a couple of tickets in my day too. I got caught for violating the law and deserved what I got. Yes, it sucked. Did I learn from them, you bet.
It's hard to explain, but the "cops had it in for me and have a quota and hate this car and this person and have a bad-***** attitude" gets old. Put yourself in those boots. That goes for any job. I could never tell an IT professional that his job was easy until I've done it and have enough experience to speak from his shoes.
Just be careful out there. Let your 'stangs breathe, but be careful where you choose to do it. As far as the 60' never killed anyone mentality, I've seen people that wished they were dead after severe crashes from less distance. It's like I always say, it's not me I worry about, it's every other driver. Cruising at 40 mph, not very fast, but still 60 feet per second, imagine what you and your car that you slaved so hard over would look like when that 16 yr old new driver or the 85 yr old blind driver pull out right in front of you.
Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. Just be careful. exercise caution and good judgement and we'll all be fine. And for the record, I've done the stoplight tango with a couple of Mustangs in my cruiser. I work in UPR/Unlimited territory.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:29 PM   #36
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
No, that's the risk of being "TACHY"!

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 04:57 PM   #37
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Quote:
1) What you may think is a "controlled manner " may not be the same as a professional driver ie. the officer that gave the citation.

*cough*....*cough*....my @$$...*cough.*

Perhaps the po-po's (highway patrols), but city cops as professional drivers?? Hell no. Don't take me wrong, I have the utmost respect for most law officers. However, a couple of classes in defensive/offensive driving don't make you a professional. Maybe I'm wrong about how much training they get, but I seen some dangerous and stupid driving from a good number of officers.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:05 PM   #38
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate
*cough*....*cough*....my @$$...*cough.*

Perhaps the po-po's (highway patrols), but city cops as professional drivers?? Hell no. Don't take me wrong, I have the utmost respect for most law officers. However, a couple of classes in defensive/offensive driving don't make you a professional. Maybe I'm wrong about how much training they get, but I seen some dangerous and stupid driving from a good number of officers.

--nathan
Ok , well just what is a professional and, do you know what it takes to become one? Not just your opinion of what one is / should be.
It just so happens that I am a professional driver( Yes I do have the paperwork to back it up) and have taken several classes to become one . I have a class "B" CDL with several endorsements ie. Passenger, air brake, tanks,Doubles, Ambulance, V.T.T and HAZMAT/waste, I have also taken the Smith system profesional drivers course . Just ask any officer how much drivers training they had to go through before they got handed a set of keys.
BTW I hope that cough of yours gets better soon.

Last edited by induction; 09-04-2002 at 08:49 PM..
Old 09-04-2002, 10:08 PM   #39
RED92LX50
Registered Member

I don't care what anybody else thinks, but if a cop can give you a ticket for "accellerating quickly" when you didn't cause an accident, or break traction,or exceed the speed limit, or cross any lines, etc. - THAT IS BS!

Let's say the speed limit is 55MPH and you are at a stop light, the light turns green, how long should it take you to reach 55MPH without breaking that "rapid accelleration" law??? 10 seconds, 9 seconds, um, what if you have a quiet exhaust - maybe 8 seconds, can I hear 7 seconds...give me a break!
R.H.C. #51
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 04:09 PM   #40
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Ohhhh...sorry. Didn't mean to step on the toes of any professional drivers out there.

I'm not trying to define what is or isn't a professional driver. I'm just saying that, reguardless of how much training they've had and despite them having a little piece of paper that proclaims them as professionals, a good number of city cops that I've known can't drive worth jack and are as dangerous as some sixteen-year-old drivers with something to prove. All that, except they can get away with it.

And btw, there are multiple definitions of professionals. Being a cop doesn't qualify in my opinion as being a professional driver.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote