MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rick's Suggestion...Member Picture Thread!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24969)

1BAD89 08-22-2002 10:35 AM

RBatson, I like how you posted the PM I sent you, ever thought thats maybe why I sent you a PM?:rolleyes: Anyway I do not need to sit here and go on about how I pay for my things, you don't know me, and that's fine. I pay for my food, rent, everything. So why don't you drop the "rich kid" act. I'm rich by no means, I just have made some good decisions in life, & I can afford all the things I have. You have no idea how I sit financially, and I suggest that you quit trying to act like you do.

PKRWUD 08-22-2002 11:07 AM

Rebel79-

GET A HAIRCUT, YOU LONG-HAIRED HIPPIE!!!

;)

1bad89-
Dude, chill a little. If everything's on the up and up, why do you care what someone else thought. Besides, he said he wasn't trying to make you feel bad.

Besides, you didn't have my kind of dope!

;)

Take care,
~Chris

andy669 08-22-2002 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by WADS56
The only digital pics of me are at my friends wedding. Here is a pic of me and my wife.

Man, you lucky dog!! I think I need to move to Chicago! :D :D

Andy

Mustangbelle306 08-22-2002 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BAD302

nice observation :D , actually yes, im a body builder and personal trainer

:confused: I thought you worked at the batting cages a few months ago?? I'm glad you found your calling finally!

You're engaged now? You were broken up for good last I heard...young fickle people! ;)

1BAD89 08-22-2002 11:56 AM

Son of a..... I am 1BAD89, I am not 1BAD302, I knew the confusion would happen sooner or later. I'm painting cars now, running a small business, and working a full time job. And marriage isn't in my future for a long time.

Mustangbelle306 08-22-2002 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BAD89
RBatson, I like how you posted the PM I sent you, ever thought thats maybe why I sent you a PM?:rolleyes: Anyway I do not need to sit here and go on about how I pay for my things, you don't know me, and that's fine. I pay for my food, rent, everything. So why don't you drop the "rich kid" act. I'm rich by no means, I just have made some good decisions in life, & I can afford all the things I have. You have no idea how I sit financially, and I suggest that you quit trying to act like you do.
Rick is right, albeit a little nosy ;) :D. Stop getting defensive over nothing. You DO have parents that are well off that could provide you with the BASIS for your good decisions and financial know-how. I do as well. I don't know WHY so many people our age are so quick to be like 'Oh my parents don't support me I'm so independent blah blah blah". People like us are EXTREMELY lucky to have hard working parents that want the best for us. If it werent for your parents, you wouldn't have a nice place to live (house AND area), set of ethics (including your work ethic) education to GET that job, etc.

I'm the first American born in my family, and my parents came over on the dago pasta boat to make their fortune (starting in IOWA, btw:rolleyes: WHY I don't know?!) and now they have more than enough cash after bachelor's and masters degrees. They have raised me very well, and given me not only beautiful things that I earned with hard work and devotion to my jobs AND studies, but a desire to make a living for MYSELF, now that they have helped me though life without merely handing me things. They taught me that you gotta work for what you want, and you need to be responsible for your actions and decisions. THAT, my friend, you didn't earn working at the gym.

Even if I made $50k first year out of college, you bet I'm going to credit a TON of my success to my FOLKS, without an ounce of shame. I KNOW the value of a dollar, but I would never downplay the financial and emotional support my parents worked hard to be able to provide me. I am always grateful for what they have given me, and that's the most important part. Accepting the assistance of your family does NOT make you a spoiled brat, being ungrateful and selfish DOES...so maybe you should give your folks a little credit where credit is due...you're a great kid and its thanks to them :)

Mustangbelle306 08-22-2002 12:05 PM

Quote:

Son of a..... I am 1BAD89, I am not 1BAD302, I knew the confusion would happen sooner or later. I'm painting cars now, running a small business, and working a full time job. And marriage isn't in my future for a long time.

Oh my bad you're right!!! It is confusing isn't it!!! I THOUGHT your gf was lighter skinned! I was wondering if you had met someone else and were getting married :D

PKRWUD 08-22-2002 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
Accepting the assistance of your family does NOT make you a spoiled brat, being ungrateful and selfish DOES...so maybe you should give your folks a little credit where credit is due...you're a great kid and its thanks to them :)
That whole reply was very well written.

Makes me want to call my Mom.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

WADS56 08-22-2002 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by andy669

Man, you lucky dog!! I think I need to move to Chicago! :D :D

Andy

I'm happy here except for the flooding that we are getting now. I'm going to need pontoons for the stang.

1BAD89 08-22-2002 12:15 PM

I am very proud of my family, but they are not wealthy by any means. They work very hard, and have guided me down the path I've taken. I also don't even live with my parents. My family has shown me how to take care of my money, and of course I'm very thankful that I was raised the way I was. They've always been there for me, their great. I'm very grateful that I have the life that I do. But I wish you guys & girls would stop acting like you know my life and how this and that works. Because in all reality you don't. Everyone is telling me to chill out, etc.... but RBatson was assuming that mommy and daddy pay for everything, not the case, but anyway...moving on.

Mustangbelle306 08-22-2002 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD

That whole reply was very well written.

Makes me want to call my Mom.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

I'm Mommy whipped, I call her everyday and whine about everything and anything :)

tireburner163 08-22-2002 03:56 PM

ok I FINNAY got a pic of me
http://www.mustangworks.com/rides/pi...1679-slot2.jpg

Told ya I was ugly!

The Deuce 08-22-2002 03:58 PM

That's freaking awesome josh. You look like your Avatar, who is that Speed Racer?

tireburner163 08-22-2002 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Deuce
That's freaking awesome josh. You look like your Avatar, who is that Speed Racer?
What are you talking about? Look like? I am speed racer.....I just say it's a 2.3 mustang, it's really the Mach 5.

RBatson 08-22-2002 06:27 PM

Quote:

RBatson, I like how you posted the PM I sent you, ever thought thats maybe why I sent you a PM?:rolleyes:
I didn't post the pm you sent me. All I did was quote what you posted on the board.. sure you erased it but you posted it for the world to see first. Your getting way to defensive and have taken this conversation much deeper than it should have gone(since it bothers you). All I did was respond to a hostile overly defensive reply to a simple remark I made. I'm not being nosey at all, all I did was point out the obvious. Its not too hard to figure out. I honestly don't care how you sit financially. I do know that when I was 19 I didn't have any money to make any "good financial decisions" with. Anyhow, I'm not interested in getting in a pissing contest. I'm happy that you have done so well for yourself..

Let's let this post go back to the original content.

fiveohpatrol 08-23-2002 12:00 AM

damn Josh, you ARE ugly! :D

just playin with ya man (maybe)

aalsmo 08-24-2002 09:26 AM

Ok, I'm new, but thought I'd participate

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's my mugs.....Just thought I'd participate eventhough I'm a newbie....

aalsmo 08-24-2002 09:27 AM

One more

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one more for ya'll....

RBatson 08-24-2002 09:32 AM

Let me be the first to say, we are very happy you found the Mustang Works! We love newbies!!:D

/me goes and takes a cold shower

The Deuce 08-24-2002 09:53 AM

Re: Ok, I'm new, but thought I'd participate

Quote:

Originally posted by aalsmo
Okay, here's my mugs.....Just thought I'd participate eventhough I'm a newbie....
Newbies are always welcome to play. Having any luck with that top?