MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2002, 09:03 AM   #1
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Rude People at Work...Should I Quit??

Man!! I just GOTTA vent about my new job

As some of you may know, I just moved to the Jersey shore from Southwest Viriginia. Now of course, NJ people are NOTORIOUS for being selfish, rude drivers...but as I am learning, this is the way many of them are ALL THE TIME!!

Of course, I needed a job to sastify my Mustang habit so I started working at the local Pep Boys, and after working there 3 weeks, I dunno who is more rude, my co workers, or the customers!! The customers are always in a bad mood, always in a rush, and the employees all hate each other, and the new manager too. For making $8/hour, its the highest stress environment I've worked in for as long as I can remember!

When I was on cashier duty last week, this dude with a bandanna over his face comes into the store...I was relieved to discover that he was NOT planning to rob me, but furious when he took his little girl and threw her in my register booth until she started screaming and crying (btw, this was all because she wanted GUM)...twice...and HARD Once he left, I walked over to the asst. manager and gave him my 2 weeks. When I came to work on Monday, I promised to reconsider and give it another shot, at the request of 2 managers.

So here is my predicament...should I just quit? None of the other employees give a damn, in fact some have expressed surprise that I actually WORK for my pay...one ghetto *** chick already hates me because I grumbled about the flirting comments and sexually explicit things she says to customers, and the customers themselves, ugh...

What should I do??? I hate to give up so early, but I don't even really feel safe or happy when I go to work...do ya'll think its time to throw in the towel?
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote