MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dam Jealous People! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=18843)

95mustanggt 01-27-2002 08:44 PM

Dam Jealous People!

So my wife and I spend all day Saturday washing and waxing my car (Mother's Wax is the best I've ever used!). I even used aluminum polish on my stock rims.

Well got up this morning and some bone head mother flop dicks stole my centre caps from my Car!! :mad:

This is a little over a month after someone stole my FORD emblem! I can't seem to keep people from messing with my car. I need an Alarm.

I'm going to have to get one that is sensitive enough to detect people who even touch the car (let alone break in or steal it).

Please, if you can recommend a good system I'd appreciate it. Next time it could be my entire rim and tire!

I don't want GPS or anything, but I'm not going cheap.

A quick response would be great

1969Mach1 01-27-2002 09:33 PM

Damn man that'd piss me off. Those emblems can be really pricey too! My suggestions is hook 25000 volts up to your car so the bastard who touches your car fries!

Try hooking up a good alarm and maybe by the scanners (the lights that flash back and forth to make it look like an alarm.) that will help scare these punks off.

tireburner163 01-27-2002 10:28 PM

get one with a motion sensor.

BTW, when you install the alarm, in addition to installing a siren under the hood, install a pezo(I think that's what it's called) siren somewhere in the passenger compartment(under a seat works good). At 189 deciples no one will say in the car long.:D

And make sure to get one with a back-up battery too

OnMy3rdStang 01-27-2002 11:02 PM

I have been lucky enough for nothing to be stolen or have my car vandalized. I would definately get an alarm but I dont knmow of any good one. I thnk I would get at least a flashing red light on the dash as a decoy type thing. I think I would also get i vidoe camera and set it up somewhere for a few nights maybe you can cath him in action or at least hopefully get a face

cyberstang5.0 01-28-2002 09:19 AM

Clifford makes a really good car alarm. I have the Cyber 2+ and my friend has a Clifford alarm too (I don't know the model number). Just don't go to Car Toys to install them. I had a bad experiece with them. They can't install car stuff if their life depended on it. Maybe it's because they are low-paid high school kids. (nothing against HS kids, I was one not too long ago) I was not happy with the instalation, so I moved stuff around where it was suppose to be.

Smokedawg 01-28-2002 09:35 AM

Get an alarm with a motion detector...

95mustanggt 01-28-2002 10:12 AM

Thanks guys. I hate to have to buy on that is really sensitive ('cause I always try to set them off with my exhaust :)), but I think that is the only way to keep my car safe. The money that I had saved for a shifter has now got to go towards replacing the centre caps and this alarm :mad: . Saving money for mods (when married) is hard enough without this crap happening.