MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Seatbelt Laws... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=45096)

thors_1 07-12-2008 08:27 PM

Re: Seatbelt Laws...

well who pays for your doctor/s & medical bills if you aren't wearing your seatbelt? are you saying your going to refuse to let anyone but you pay for the bills? it's a really moot question.. untill your almost in the accident who really wants it on? those who see a car/truck coming at them head on at 60-70 mph, lets ask those people about seatbelts and if they want it on.

6T5PONY 07-12-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thors_1 (Post 333957)
. untill your almost in the accident who really wants it on? .

Who wants it on? I want it on. I've used them, as I have said, since before you could buy them for your car. I am very uncomfortable without a belt. (But the idiotic design of the newer ones that constantly dig into you, offsets part of it.)

Anyone who drives without a seatbelt is, in my opinion, acting like an idiot. And, yes, I have had at least two incidents where being secure in my seat helped me avoid a wreck. But it is still none of the government's business.

drchallenger-94sho 05-23-2009 10:00 PM

its fun to do thru a winshield, not

thors_1 05-24-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6T5PONY (Post 333958)
Who wants it on? I want it on. I've used them, as I have said, since before you could buy them for your car. I am very uncomfortable without a belt. (But the idiotic design of the newer ones that constantly dig into you, offsets part of it.)

Anyone who drives without a seatbelt is, in my opinion, acting like an idiot. And, yes, I have had at least two incidents where being secure in my seat helped me avoid a wreck. But it is still none of the government's business.

So we do agree then, it's uncomfortable to wear.. but it is something you want on just before you get out of your car.... head first.

6T5PONY 05-24-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thors_1 (Post 335063)
So we do agree then, it's uncomfortable to wear.. but it is something you want on just before you get out of your car.... head first.

Actually, the seatbelt in my Mustang is quite comfortable. '65 has lap belts only.

I think they should force the automakers to bring back the inertia locks that were on the 70s and 80s belts. Latch it and lean forward a bit, it locked and was snug in place without digging into your neck like the newer ones do. Obviously removed to save ... what? five bucks? - even on expensive cars. More comfortable belts would encourage their proper use. Having them constantly digging into you is ridiculous.

mike894 06-11-2009 11:45 AM

I wear mine all the time. The thing that tiks me off is people with there own personal cars have to obey the law and wear seat belts so do grey hound buses and any other vehicle, But school buses have no seat belts at all. School buses can get into wreches just like anybody else so why don't they have seat belts to protect the kids.