View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 11:32 PM   #77
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302

As a matter of fact, a few of his cars were at the American Ford car show I went to yesterday. What's your point? I hope you're not suggesting that everybody should ship their engine out to a tuner to get it setup to take the kind of performance it should have from the factory? Not to mention after the stories I've been hearing lately, his shop puts out a lot of **** now. I don't like junk. You pay an additional 5k and get a better engine. I got news for you, the 3.8L bottom end will go neck and neck with the SOHC 4.6L according to the guys who own them. So don't try to make the 4.6L look fast, you might run into a 3.8L making the same power, only his car is more reliable, and cheaper to fix. LOL. I'm soooo gonna laugh when you get smoked by a V6.
I'm suprised to hear that from SHM... where have you heard these stories? It's too bad... As far as 3.8 bottom end being stronger?? Isn't the 4.6 bottom end the same as the 5.4? Yeah... that's right, the one in the F-150 pickups... the most sold vehicle on the planet. How can the 4.6 bottom end be that much less reliable than a 3.8? Is there any meat to back this up? If the 3.8 bottom end is so much better, why is the top end so restricted? 5200RPM redline?

You can probably run circles around me with your knowledge of mechanics, but I can't see where you are going at? You make it sound like a V6 is a way better buy... yet you still get a GT. Like StoplightWarrior says... when are you joining the club already? It's like you don't like your new GT. Is it the payments that make you grumpy?

As for laughing when a V6 stang beats me... I'll let you know the day it happens. Meanwhile can I inform you everytime I beat a V6?

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH