View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #20
Capri306

Default Re: Seatbelt Laws...

I've had my own ass saved by seat belts more times than I care to count. Wearing one is, as Mr 5.0 said, as natural as breathing now. I've been hit by drunks, deer, and Christmas trees (yes you read that correctly), and each time I have my belt to thank for not being ejected through the windshield or at least being torn up pretty bad. Never (knock on wood) has any accident I've been in been my fault, or even close to it. I look at the seat belt as a way to keep me alive, and let all the dumbarses out there be killed. Social Darwinism at its best, from a sadistic point of view.

Either way people look at the laws regarding belt usage, you can't argue with the fact that they just plain work in the vast majority of traffic collisions to prevent death. It's just the government(s) trying to save people from their own stupidity and/or premature death and injury, which is a good thing. Think of it as a way to keep the speed limits from decreasing further. Just imagine how fast we could go if our cars could be nearly 100% safe in collisions.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote