View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Re: Seatbelt Laws...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302
Choosing not to wear a seatbelt is not a personal decision that does not impact others. It's a decision that over the total number of people that choose not to wear seatbelts costs me, and the rest of the insured drivers on the road significant amounts of money in the form of insurance premiums. That is unless insurance companies want to base rates on seat belt usage, and not pay injury claims to those who say they wear their seatbelt but get into an accident without one on (yeah, lawyers would allow that).
How is it that you think that someone not wearing their seatbelt, will increase your premiums? If you get into an accident, and claim it on your insurance, YOUR premium goes up, not mine.

I too dispise the seatbelt law. Speeding laws are justifiable, DUI laws are justifiable, wreckless endangerment laws are justifiable, but seatbelt laws are just ignorant. If I do not wear my seatbelt, it does not effect anyone but me. If I get into an accident, I die, not you.

That being said, I wear mine everywhere I go. I used to live in an apartment with a corner store right across the street, when I drove there, I wore my seatbelt. It was so close, I could have hit it with a football if I so chose. I have had it engrained in my head since I was old enough to remember that seatbelts are improtant. My dad used to tell us, when we were too young to know any different, that the truck wouldnt start without all the seatbelts buckled.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote