MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2002, 03:33 AM   #11
89mustang
Registered Member

Okay my first ride, which i still have mind you, a 1988 Pontiac Firebird T/A witha 305 now she wasnt a speed demon nor is she now, but i did own a 89 stang LX with a 5.0 and a paxton strapped on it, and i will say from firsthand experience i should have never owned that car, not so much for that fact that i dont love stangs, i do, but i shouldnt have owned a car with that type of power, i know you guys who are older and have had the experience say i am right, you younger and around the same age as me probably think im a wimp, but im 17 and i wrecked it, i hot rodded it and found a curve, she wasnt totalled but i sold her to a buddy cause he loved the car and was willing to fork out the cash to fix it, which was cash i didnt have. But i will say from my own experiance that owning a fast car isnt ALWAYS the best thing, i mean no im not exactly high on V-6 stangs, but ill be honest i wish even now that my car wouldnt have been quite as powerful as it was. Maybe those of you who look at me and say i was a wimp and couldnt handle it, well ill be honest NO I COULDNT, I was 17 and was being stupid and trying to show off, and it bite me. You can take from this what you will but trust me I for one have nothing against V-6 stangs cause maybe had my car been a 6 it wouldnt have ended up off the side of a hill after i missed a curve.

Old ride: 89 mustang LX with a paxton NOVI 1000 strapped to the 5.0 with a 3.55 rearend.

" FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE IMPORTS!"