MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Sellers remorse?

Anyone here ever sold their car and regreted it later? I think I'm regretting my decision already. I've talked about selling my Mach for a while now. I always said that it would sell pretty quick if I put it on the net. Well, I advertised it on a forum and got an offer within an hour. Not the price I wanted but within a few days.. exactly what I was willing to take for it. I took it to get detailed today.. I didn't think it would be this hard to part with.. but it is for some reason. I told the guy he could back out at anytime, he isn't backing out. What the heck. I guess I'm getting what I was wanting. Maybe once it drives off I'll feel better about it. The car is a 2004 Mach 1 with 12,700 miles. I'm letting it go for $19k. I was asking $20k but I was going to put new tires on it so.. I'm getting what I wanted. I think I liked the car more than I thought.. I feel like I'm breaking up with a girlfriend or something.. *shrug*

One good thing about it.. without the Mach the 89 will be up and running again. Soon the motor will be rebuilt and I can actually finish what I started there.. new paint, top, roll bar. That will probably make me feel better.. I hope..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mach1 008 (Large).jpg (214.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Mach1 016 (Large).jpg (183.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mach1 032 (Large).jpg (198.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Sellers remorse?

Been there...done that.

'Seller's Remorse'
is quite common, especially when you decide to sell a sharp car that has not given you any real trouble. Had you sold the Mach out of financial desperation or because it was a lemon, believe me, you wouldn't care so much. The 'remorse phase' will pass, especially as you count the money you made from the sale.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
lx mike
Undescribable

Default Re: Sellers remorse?

I know how you feel Rick. I just sold my lx last week!!
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: Sellers remorse?

Thanks Jim, I hope it does pass. I think I sold it too cheap. I really didn't need the money but the kid that got it will treasure it, I'm sure. I think it made his year. The money from the car will pay for this pool, a little concrete/plumbing and it should be ready this weekend.

Dang Mike, you sold your car too?? Do you feel any better about it yet? I just saw the last of mine about an hour ago. I hope it gets better, I feel a little sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mach1 020 (Medium).jpg (118.0 KB, 7 views)