MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #61
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy Stang
I also agree that I think its cool we can have this conversation without insults, etc.

bigred I agree with you and disagree. I would LOVE to light up right after dinner but I can understand that people that dont smoke dont want to smell it. The majority of restaurants etc DONT have separate rooms but rather just a different 'section' for smokers. Non smokers have an excellent nose for smoke. Just because its in a different 'section' doesnt mean they cant still smell it. I have never really seen a restaurant with a completely different room for smokers, I dunno. I do think that's a good idea though and would help a lot to keep the smoke in one area.

So basically I can live with the no smoking in restaurants thing.. but the BAR thing pisses me off to all hell. I hate having to keep going outside to lite up like every half hour.. because that's how much I smoke when I'm drinking. I think it should definately be up to the owners of the bar whether or not they allow smoking. If you're going to go to a bar you should expect to smell smoke.

*goes to Nevada

lol
Thats all good and can be appreciated by many. But, again, if they dont want to smell it they dont have to, it is their choice to go or not. And to say that it is unfair to let people smoke in a restaurant because it ruins the experience for the non-smokers is a little one sided. I realize that you smoke too, but it still is just as unfair to the smokers to not be able to smoke somewhere because eople dont like the smell. But I guess it is up to someont else to tell me what is right for me.
And about the seperate rooms, I guess it all depends on where you are. Here, in Baytown, most of the dining establishments that allow smoking, do so in a seperate room. Not all of the smoking areas have doors seperating them from the remainder of the restaurant, but they all have a seperate ventilation system. That is where I got that info.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 04:54 AM   #62
induction
The Brit!

Well heres a lil motivation lol
BTW I too smoke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marlboro.jpg (72.5 KB, 13 views)
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 04:57 AM   #63
induction
The Brit!

Another one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l & b.jpg (72.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-19-2003, 05:03 AM   #64
induction
The Brit!

At the moment the U.K.(England) is looking into puting a ban on smoking in public places , I don't think it will hold up though.