MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-05-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default 2 cops in 10 minutes!!??!?!

Well here's what happened...
I was gonna drop off my girlfriend, it's about 1:15 or so, but instead we decide to park in a school parking lot for a little bit. After a few minutes a cop rolls by. he's real cool about it and just explains that people have been leaving condoms on the pavement and that kids find them...so he was nice about it, and didn't even ask if I was 17 (I just turned 17 last month), anyways...I drop her off, I'm on my way home, I step on it for a little bit, I don't know exactly how fast I was going (speedo gear isn't fixed yet) but as soon as I let off there is a cop heading in my direction from directly in front of me, I couldn't even tell it was a cop, which I usually can. He pulls me over tells me I was doing 61, and asks for my insurance card, well the stang was not insured over the winter and I forgot to ask my dad for the insurance card once it got insured again, he told me he could give me 2 tickets. 1 for speeding and one for no insurance card, which he said would cost me $500...but he was nice about it and just said take it easy and let me go without one ticket!!! run in to 2 cops within 10 minutes...thats 2 more cops than I've seen since I've gotten my lisence...lol...oh well...at least I didn't get in any trouble! Just thought I'd let you guys know so U could laugh and think about the time somethign like this happend to you...(I know it has...
Old 05-05-2002, 12:54 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

It could have been a hassle if he wrote you up for no proof of insurance. Although you could easily have the ticket thrown out, he would have been within his right to have the car towed.

As far as the speed thing, what was the speed limit?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 01:19 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

droptop you are so lucky, there is a small town surruonded by chattanooga, called red bank, anyway the freeway run,s through it, the cop's there are legendary for giving ticket's, well one night i left work early & was going home, well the speed limit was 65, it is 70 now , but i was fooling with my stereo, i looked up - there was a r. b. cop, ilooked i was doing 80 , he turned on his parking lights i knew i was had, so i slowed down & just pulled over, yeah he hit the blues & pulled behind me, i waited while he called my tag's in & he asked me if i knew i was doing 80 , i told him, not till i saw you , he told me to slow it down & say's, have a good night , i think the only reason he let me go was my tag's which are gulf war vetaren tag's

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:58 PM   #4
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Unit the Speed limit is 45 on the road I was on. Yeah I do think I was INCREDIBLY lucky. WOHOOO!
Old 05-07-2002, 08:23 PM   #5
PKRWUD

I'm not sure how it works in Illinois, but in California, it's a crime to not have your insurance card with you while driving. Even if you are insured, if you forget your card, it's a ticket that can't be fixed. I don't remember the exact fine, but it wasn't cheap. Something like $1400 if you show up in court without any card, and $400 if you do have a card. You did get lucky. Just goes to show that there are cops out there that aren't hellbent on writing tickets!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
gray ghost86
Registered Member

From the age of 17 to 21, I've been pulled over six times. First time I was going 75 in a 55 and i had an out of date insurance card: written warning. Second time I was on my way home from the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, going 67 in a 45, verbal warning(cop said my exhaust sounded really good, he had an 88 GT). Third time I was in southern Missouri going 74 in a 55, verbal warning. Fourth time, my license tags were 2 weeks expired. Verbal warning. Fifth time, which was 5 months ago, I was coming home from a bar, I'd had about 6 beers, cop heard me take off, thought I was romping it,(3.73's, off road H-pipe, and flowmasters make it sound like you're hauling when you're crawling)pulled in behind me, then pulled me over because my license plate light was out. Verbal warning.
Now, before you start thinking I'm the luckiest guy alive, Two weeks ago I was coming home from a bar, went through a yellow light a little too late, got pulled over, and ended up with a DUI and a red light ticket, and now I'll lose my right to drive my Mustang for 3 months.

Moral of the story, don't push your luck.
gray ghost86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:39 PM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by gray ghost86
From the age of 17 to 21, I've been pulled over six times. First time I was going 75 in a 55 and i had an out of date insurance card: written warning. Second time I was on my way home from the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, going 67 in a 45, verbal warning(cop said my exhaust sounded really good, he had an 88 GT). Third time I was in southern Missouri going 74 in a 55, verbal warning. Fourth time, my license tags were 2 weeks expired. Verbal warning. Fifth time, which was 5 months ago, I was coming home from a bar, I'd had about 6 beers, cop heard me take off, thought I was romping it,(3.73's, off road H-pipe, and flowmasters make it sound like you're hauling when you're crawling)pulled in behind me, then pulled me over because my license plate light was out. Verbal warning.
Now, before you start thinking I'm the luckiest guy alive, Two weeks ago I was coming home from a bar, went through a yellow light a little too late, got pulled over, and ended up with a DUI and a red light ticket, and now I'll lose my right to drive my Mustang for 3 months.

Moral of the story, don't push your luck.

So you drank and drove at least twice. Smart, you got what you deserved.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:45 PM   #8
gray ghost86
Registered Member

I don't recall saying that I didn't deserve it.
gray ghost86 is offline   Reply With Quote