View Single Post
Old 02-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #13
PKRWUD

Easy, turbo!

Every manufacturer has skeletons in their closets. I try to be impartial, which is fairly easy since I see great vehicles made by every manufacturer. The new F-150's have had some issues with their mod engines, but yours is the first problem I have heard about with their rear ends. They are twice as strong as the GM rears, but are huge and inefficient. Ford makes the best trucks, though, hands down. Your father is fortunate, but I know his luck would not be the same if he kept them longer. GM hasn't built a "quality" truck since they did away with the 454. Their trim pieces crack, chip and fall off before 50k miles, and the interior rattles are very unnerving. I was determined to buy a Chevy when I bought my truck 7 years ago, but I am extremely pleased that I bought an F-150 instead. Trucks should last longer than 2 years.

As for sales, I'll draw you a chart that says whatever you like. GM by itself includes Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saturn, Holden, Opel, Isuzu, Suzuki, Hyundai, and a controlling intrest in Toyota, just to name a few. They should have the most sales in the world. They own the most name brands. The fact is though, they don't. Ford, including Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Mazda, and a few others, does record more more vehicle sales worldwide. There are so many different lists, though, that just about anybody could make a claim of "the worlds most popular or number one selling ... (passenger car with 4 doors and a hatch, or 3 cylinder engine passenger cars, etc., etc.)". Charts and the facts that support them are easily manipulated. Be careful how much credence you give them.

Bottom line, you are correct in saying that everyone makes junk, but everyone also makes great products, believe it or not.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote