View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

My food experience wasnt at a restraunt either, but it was an encounter with a pack of ancient Pop Tarts.

After my parents divorced, and I moved to NC, my dad stayed in Pittsburgh and lived by himself. He had neglected his duties over the years of cleaning out his expired food.

I was up visiting him in PA a few years back and a good friend of mine came over. We were hungry and going through the cabninets and fridge. Not much of anything intersting.

AH....Pop Tarts...Perfect. So, we each grab a pack, and I open mine, he opens his. I went to the fridge to get me some OJ first, when I sat back down, my friend was already tearing into his Pop Tart with the ferocity of a hungry lion.

For some reason, I look down at his other poptart and see some stuff in the wrapper. I take a look at mine before bitting into it and see remnants of Larva, and dried bugs all over it. Of course, I look closer at his and see the same thing.

My friend had stopped chewing and was looking at me with an inquisitive look. I said.

Hey Jason. STOP. Spit out what you have in your mouth.

He did, then looked to see what it was that I was starring at. Tons of dead tiny little bugs and larva all through out the Pop Tarts. I went to the box, grabbed them, and looked at the experiation date. it was 2 years prior.

The only way I can think of that bugs got in the Sealed pop tarts was in the flour used to make them. I imagine that insect larva cant really be sifted out of flour.

Same experience with a MRE and some crackers before..Blah.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote