View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #54
Robocop
Registered Member

Many of the feelings towards cops are common and I know many people with bad experiences with police.I think that the police show a feeling of no concern towards others problems because they see so many problems on a daily basis.Also because of the crappy system towards criminals in general.Some police feel an attitude of I dont care simply because they feel like it does no good to try to stop crime because criminals are treated like kings in todays times.I chased a man down after he stabbed an 83 year old woman and took her purse.I had to fight the man and was also stabbed however was able to take him into custody.After a long trial he was released after he pled guilty and claimed he was addicted to crack cocain.He only received 6 months probation and later went on to commit many more crimes.You can see how a system like this can change a cops attitude.I agree that cops in general should be more caring but it is not always easy to do.As everyones situation is different I do not blame anyone for the way they feel towards cops.I also once hated cops and still know many cops that have a crappy attitude towards people but please understand that there are still many good cops in the world even if they are not in your area.I also do agree that speed limits are overkill in many areas and I must admit that i drive at least 20 mph over everywhere i go but this is something that will probably never change.Fortunately I do not have to write many tickets because my dept. does not require tickets for revenue.There are many small towns that get most of there money from tickets and therefore constantly ask for more tickets from their officers.I also know officers that write tickets only and rarely make arrests.I think this is because they are not motivated either due to fear or lack of interest.Anyway my point is that I know there are bored officers in small towns that harass people just because they can but this does not make all police bad people.When I first became a cop I had an opportunity to work for the town I was raised in.I turned this job down because many of the cops here were much like the ones described in this discussion.It seemed like they had nothing better to do than write teens tickets and brag about how hard there jobs were.I chose to go to a city nearby where I could be a real police and I am very happy with my choice.I am however a racer at heart and still have an affection towards fast cars.This is why I have owned 3 stangs and I drove them all wildly fast.I am lucky enough to be able to relate to people like me so I get along well with the people in my area at work.If anyone is in my area(bham,al.)look me up at south precinct and I will arrange a ride-a-long so you can see how real police work is done.