Thread: Stupid cops!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 07:30 PM   #53
The Deuce
Registered Member

Thumbs up Cops...

So I got pulled over for not having a current sticker on my Datsun. It was in my glove compartment. I had to keep from laughing because I knew why I was getting pulled over, and that I wouldn't get a ticket. But what I did was wrong, and I could have gotten a ticket.

If you break the law, any law, you run a risk of getting in trouble. I am going to speed on the way to Vegas tonight, and if I get a ticket, I lose. If I make it all the way at 80, I win. It doesn't change the fact that I will break the law.

I have some friends that are cops, so I hear stories. Cops often give tickets that they don't want to. Yes its true. When you see a cop, you expect he is going to enforce the law, everyone does. So if you see a cop on the side of the road and someone goes by speeding, he will pull them over. Even if the cop has someplace else to go. It is merely because of the public expectation. Additionally, when the lights go on, their cameras start rolling. This is why people rarely get warnings anymore. Supervisors can replay the tapes any time and scrutinize them. I don't have anyone videotaping my day, I don't know if anyone here does.

About cops running twoard danger, I commend them for it. I'm not going to get in the middle of a gunfight, I don't carry a peice. I have been first on scene of accidents, and done what I could to help. As car enthusiasts there is knowledge we have about cars that can make the scene of an accident safer, even if you don't have first aid and cpr.

There are good cops and bad cops, as is the case with any service field. But it seems that people pay more attention to the bad ones, than anything else. It sucks, I agree.

It all goes back to Rousseau's Social Contract. Individuals give up some rights to be more free. Honestly whats the big deal in no front tint, and having a moderate exhaust?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote