View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 01:16 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default How is this for the start of a short story? Merc you might like this

Well I just started doing this, so I'm not very good. I have a hard time getting what in my head(very vivid) onto paper. But here goes anyway. I'm incorporating some truth into the story(my handout, exc.) but with some fiction mixed in. As you might be able to tell Ben, represents 6T9 pony, I think I might throw Kell(Unit) in there somewhere and the bad boy racer, that the main character has just gotta beat, is gonna be none other that Merc himself(complete down to his bright red GT). Well here she goes, remember this is just the start(and a rough draft too)

“Alright, give it a try now!” The old 455 roared to life. Josh leaned over the fender adjusting the holley that sat atop the high rise intake. “She’s still runnin rich,” Ben shouted over the deafening sound of the monster as he revved it up. “All right, all right, gime a minute,” Josh muttered under his breath. He adjusted the screws on the double pumper a little more and slammed the bright yellow hood of the Olds.

“You really think that pile of bolts is the quickest in town?” said Ben as he light a cigarette, “When you gonna let me kick your ***” He tapped the hood of his 69 fastback, smiling.

“You gonna need more that 390 to take that pile of bolts,” said Josh smiling, “Like some throttle in a bottle”

“Ah, I’m just letting ya win,” said Ben, giving Josh a little wink, “Well damn dude, I’ve gotta get those E/T streets mounted by tonight, I’ll see ya then.” Ben fired the old FE up and rumbled out of the driveway, chirping second as he left.

Josh walked back around the house to where is car sat. A bright yellow 74 Olds Omega, she may have only been packin 180 horsepower from the factory, but she was making more than three times that now. She wasn’t the sharpest thing on four wheels, but everyone knew she was the hottest in town. He was undefeated for five years running.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote