View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 08:55 PM   #18
RayC76
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Oh, I also see a lot of the bashing of the Motorsports cams because they use ancient technology. I'd like somebody to explain to me why another cam is better rather than just rattle off some crap somebody else told them.
I think it all comes down to getting a cam for your driving style and intent. The alphabet cams were made for the masses for varying style of engine combos and driving styles. I have had e, and b cams in past cars and they are not the greatest. I think the cam is one of the most vital parts of the engine and you should choose one for your combo not everybody else’s. Take a look at the link I posted earlier and read the articles Buddy wrote. Cam truth is a good one.
Quote:
The Motorsports cams are proven to make power
I have heard and seen these cams go either way. Sure they make more power than stock but almost anything would.
Quote:
they are inexpensive.
So spending $150 dollars more on a cam is expensive? I have seen people blow money on worse $hit for their cars that do not do anything.
Quote:
and they last
Do you have proof that they last longer than a custom?
Quote:
So all the extra work of getting the custom cam is only gonna get a person 10hp in a setup like mentioned above, if they get a sweet one.
Again, is $150 worth 10hp? I think so. Also better drivability, idle, power through the rpm range... the list goes on.
RayC76 is offline   Reply With Quote