View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 08:39 PM   #36
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

v6's are kinda a tricky domain. forever the've been associated with looks: the ponycar image/name at an affordable price. but not true performance. it took ford a couple of years to finally get some respectable hp/tq outa the v6. but they've (V6) however been the flagship CARRYING THE MUSTANG for so long. Ford can't price the 8's cheap enoughto justify an ultra mass production and an overall lower dealer price. the exorbornant price of the new gt's(**'in forget about the cobras), makes insurance rates insane for males; the majorty performance buyers of most 8 cylinder cars. the v6 scene is kinda a wakeup call to a gearhead culture starved for power, that was weigned on import 4's an 6's, but forced to deal wth the idiotic actions of a few, halting the possibility of performance car ownership for responsible, talented drivers. With a smaller history than the v8's, aftermarket dealers realizing the majority of mustangs sold are stripped down 6's, they looked at the what was workin using what is learned from 8's poweradders an reapplied it to 6's and they're jus kinda now bein looked at for true performance. I applaud them, thats what america is about. creativity, an doin somthin different. I'd love to watch a a turboed/nitrosed stang 6 leavefoot prints all over a riced out civic!! what I wanna know is what took em so damn long? hell, the import scene spend god knows what pourin cash into 4's an 6's to get them into v8 timeslips. why not a pureblood pony car? its creativeness show the possible future of an unfortunate possible overall lower gasoline consuption, but nice power outputs from a smaller engine and the general creativity of AM designers to use whats avaliable to increase power. but i know for a fact the 3.8 is weaker in overall strength than the v8's, so for their reliability and strength to be equaled, theirs got to be a way to get higher hp/tq numbers from a slightly bigger 6.

on a side note, what is "riced out for a mustang"? better wheels,(those pos /12/15's/16's?) tires, poweradders? cosmetic differrences? if the idea is to do somthin different and to have a nice car, where to you draw the line? I beleive its a waste of money to dump cash into a 6, but I have an 8. but while I was lookin for mine, I ran across a several ultra clean, low milaged 5 spd 6's, an had dreams of makin them into a nasty 6 with head turnin looks. i found my 8 and i'm happy with it. but man, if you tune yer car to a fever pitch an walk all over my 8, i'll give you my respect, cause you are a true gearhead, workin at a dissadvantage an overcoming the adverse majority. but we should all unite:

2.3's, 3.8's, 5.0's, 5.'4's, 5.8's, 7.5's an god knows what else against the common enemy...rice

AMEN GOOD NIGHT!

1994 GT 5.0l