View Single Post
Old 06-12-2002, 12:45 AM   #79
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Marty, it may be that I'm being a little harsh on my 2002. I like the car, and it scores better than my 87 if you'll notice. It's just that I have a 427FE in the garage to put into say a 67 Cougar or something, and instead, I'm putting money into a car payment lol. That's something I haven't had in like 5 years.

Ford has a SOHC engine with a lower redline than my old 87 5.0 pushrod engine. If Ford would have beefed up the bottom end a little to take what a performance engine should make, you could have a 7000rpm redline on the SOHC engine, and make it wind to produce serious power.

I don't really regret buying the car, and once I stick a few hundred into it for mods, I'm sure the character will change dramatically. We'll have to see.

The only thing I've noticed is the average newer 4.6L GT owner has a serious ego. I just happen to know it's out of place. I don't like the ego, and I'd rather people just love the Mustang, period. I don't have a Cobra, or the Mach 1 I'd desperately love to have. If I did, I wouldn't make fun of the GT. I just don't understand where the arrogance comes from?
unit i said at the very begginig of this thread, im not going to bash v-6 stangs, i dont have an arrogant attitude towards them at all, they are a mustang, i kinda like the stripe some of them have at the bottom, i also said, i have seen riced out gt's & cobra's, i dont think my gt is better than a 6, i would'nt mind having a 65 straight 6 car,thats all i was saying, 3.8's not riced out are ok with me.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03