View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 06:45 PM   #40
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

This is obviously going to be one of those topics where we will have to agree to disagree....

Quote:
Neither one of them fly, but if they did, it would probably be pretty embarrassing for them to have to pay for two seats.
I'm pretty short, and its kind of embarassing to have someone else help a grown man get an item from a high shelf.
I guess the taxpayers should buy me some stilts...

Quote:
As expensive as it is to fly, I think the airlines should just provide extra seating which is more comfortable.
I agree that coach seating is too small, but as far as prices go, I can't remember them being as reasonable as they are right now...

Quote:
If the airline companys wern't so goddamn greedy, they would accomodate people with an obesity problem, as well as any other disability.
Oh yes... the EVIL, GREEDY companies...
The same companies that have created the largest economy and wealthiest nation in the world. The same companies that provide jobs to Americans throughout the 50 states. The same companies that provide the best standard of living in the world....
Its just terrifying...

Quote:
Obesity a disability? Maybe..in fact...yes
Should obesity be a disability under certain conditions? Yes
Should it be a disability under ALL conditions? No

I want to help those in need as much as the next guy. In fact, I make it a point to give what I can to several Veteran's assistance programs every year... But in this case, for every person you know that has a legitimate weight problem not of their control, I can name one that has never seen a gym.
Like I asked before, where do you draw the line?
and how much do you want to pay?

Also, I just noticed something.... I'm agreeing with Unit again!!
I must be in some alternate universe or something...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote