Thread: Vin Diesel
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 09:49 AM   #69
StreetPony
Registered Member

Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
I am barely out of high school

that much is obvious....and before you get bent out of shape, i dont mean that in a bad way. you are young and idealistic and i think thats great. as your life moves on and you continue to grow and mature many things will change. i can promise you that at 26, you wont be the same person you were at 21. i too once thought a lot like you. it is my first hand exposure to the true ugliness of the world that changed me. i honestly hope you never know what i mean by that.

I called you a hypocrite because you speak of freedom and acceptance of homosexuals

<sigh>.....i have never spoken of _acceptance_ of homosexuals. i dont "accept" homosexuality either, how could i ask you to? there is a distinct difference in acceptance and tolerance.

If you are truly accepting of all forms of people, you must also accept those who choose NOT to be accepting.

i dont believe it.........i dont see how you could have possibly missed it. i have FOUGHT with my own two hands to ENSURE that you were free to hate ANYONE that you choose to hate. it isnt about your right to hate, it is about the responsibilities that come with those rights.

I may not like KKK members and Black Panthers, but I wouldn't infringe on their right to express their POV. You, on the other hand, would.

you are wrong. they also have the right to hate anyone they choose but that hatred cannot be expressed irresponsibly. free speech is one thing, but there is no free speech without responsibility. they have an inalienable right to hate anyone that they choose to hate but does that make it ok for them to express their hatred in a public school for example? can they hold a klan ralley in front of first graders and call it "free speech"? c'mon....

Shielded? You're the first person to ever say that to me...

dont feel bad, and dont take offense to that as its not what i intended. most people _are_ shielded to the true ugliness of the world. the only shame in it is when they attempt to speak from authority on the same subjects.

Its obvious that you just have the answer for EVERYTHING So I concede...you win

i can assure you that nobody wins. :-(

Perhaps, as you have said, my claim is ridiculous

see this key section of my post. ill quote it for you:
"i wont say _all_ women do, but at least a large percentage do."

but it really does look like you are a.) making assumptions about the desires of the opposite sex

no, i related my personal experiences. youre reaching pretty deep to try and make a point but you know i didnt mean anything negative by any of it.

you associated a physical improvement with attracting women

so youre suggesting that physical improvements _dont_ attract women? if not, what does? physical attraction is the very basis of human nature. please tell me what im missing here.

My point here is that you made generalizations about a group...that just seems like something you'd be against...

generalizations of a group (stereotyping) is not the same thing as hate speak. hate speak _hurts_ people.

think about that....it _hurts_ people.

i sincerely wish you the best as you continue to develop and mature. whatever beliefs you chose to have, i hope you at least consider all alternatives and the impact they have on others around you before you draw final conclusions by which to live your life.
Message Board