View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #94
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
Most people here would trust what PKRWUD has to say, yet his full size Ford truck with a 1000lb load in the back could probably be outrun by a new V6 Mustang without a problem.
Not sure where you're going with that, Kell.

I too have been here since early '99, and I agree that things around here aren't the same. I don't know that I'd use the term "ricer-phobic", but I do understand what you mean, and for the most part, agree with you. I thought I did a pretty good job of detailing what makes a ricer a ricer when I posted earlier, but there are so many different opinions here, it was probably just skipped over.

Marty came up with the idea of the Rice Hater's Club as a joke, but a few of us saw it as a chance to redefine what we felt was rice. The four picture pages on the website are the best examples we've been able to find. If, after viewing them, you disagree with our opinions, and think we're being "ricer-phobic", I for one will be very surprised. I'd appreciate your input, Kell.

As far as cbring is concerned, this guy likes to stir the pot, and see what happens. In his defense, some really good discussions often come about that way, but this one has been beaten to death. His questions have been answered.

cbring-
I don't have a problem with you wanting to understand things, but if you're going to ask questions of the members here, don't decide before you even get the answers that those answers are wrong. You seem like a fairly intelligent person, but you're a little too politically correct for this crowd. I've found that people who are offended by a name or term, or for that matter, a flag in an avatar, regardless of what that name or term refers to, or what that person has to say, are generally insecure, and feel like the world should change to please them. We haven't said anything degrading to people of Japanese descent, and DAN-MAN hasn't said anything racist either. You are the one that took something, and branded it racist. That means that you are the one that has a problem with them, and you are trying to make it our problem. That's wrong, and won't win you many friends. You need to realize that there are more dimensions to things than just the few that you know, and that yours aren't necessarily correct.

Good luck.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote