View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 11:15 PM   #13
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
The only reason I suggested that is because I had something similiar happen to me in my XR7 and I had water in the tank. I would definitely check all the wires and connections. Did you resently notice a big difference in the temperature? Maybe the computer is adjusting, maybe you could try to reset it. Maybe the fuel pump is starting to die, you still have the stock in there? I'm sure someone will figure it out.
The fuel pump is the other thing in the back of my mind. I say that because the car doesn't charge at idle very well because of the pullies. Well, today I had to jump my buddies car, and that takes a huge draw on my car even if I do rev the engine. It still charges, but if I don't rev it right away, the needle dips real low.

I did notice the fuel pump making noise too. Dammit I bet that could very well be the problem. The FP in there is only about a 15 months old too. I think that when the voltage drops on my car, it causes the amps to go up and I believe that causes the pump to overspeed. I sure hope I'm wrong, but that was the other thing on my mind. This is the third fuel pump the car has had since I have owned it. Dammit Dammit Dammit. I don't have another $100 to throw away on that.

The cars temperature has been stone steady. Even a little low. With the exception of the thermastat, almost the entire cooling system is under 2 years old.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote