View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 05:05 PM   #4
PKRWUD

Well, it's nothing to write home about, but I needed to buy it. A few years ago, my best buddy bought a 64 Ranchero, and wanted to build a hot rod out of it, so, he put up the money, and I put up the time, and we built a fun little ride. He dropped about $3k into a late 70's 302, and we used it for the powerplant. We had the heads worked by my favorite head machinist, put some TRW forged 10.5:1's in it, gave it a healthy cam, etc. He put less than 5000 miles on it in 2 years, and when he and his wife had their son, he decided that it just had to go. His father, a recently retired electrician, missed the hot rod days of his youth, and bought the Ranchero, strictly for the engine. He sold the rolling chassis for $100, and spent about $1000 more making a few changes to the engine (gear drive, different cam, roller rockers, etc.), wrapped in it plastic, and set it in the back of his garage, waiting for the right vehicle to come along. Since then, he's bought a 2001 Club Cab 4x4 F-150 Lariat, a motorhome, and a Jeep, and his wife said something has to go. Soooo, he asked me on Thanksgiving if I could find a buyer for the engine. I gave it some thought yesterday, and decided to make him an offer.

It's got at least $4000 worth of parts and machine work done to it, and is complete, from the new chrome oil pan (yuk), to the 750 Holley I built for it 3 years ago, and it's got less than 5k miles on it. He's throwing in everything he has for it, including the MSD 6A, so I offered him a grand for it, and he said okay.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Now then, where am I gonna find a Pinto now that they've renewed the lease for the racetrack?

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote