View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 03:19 AM   #6
PKRWUD

Hehehe, yeah, the first thought I had when reading your question was to tell you to avoid oilless compressors. They will drive you crazy alot faster than 18 minutes. The compressor I have used for the past 7 years is a Cambell Hausfeld 6hp/30 gallon that requires oil. It's 120 vac, and I've never had trouble with it in my garage, but sometimes when I would take it with me to a job site, I'd have trouble because I needed an extension cord. The general rule of thumb is to use a longer air hose instead of an extension cord.

Make sure you drain the water at least once a month, and always oil your tools. If you don't plan on using it for painting, you can install an inline oiler, which works killer. The quality of your tools does matter, too. If it costs less than $50, it's probably better suited for a door stop than an impact gun. Make sure that you use impact sockets instead of chrome sockets when using an impact gun, too. The chrome ones are not as strong, and tend to shatter like glass when they break.

Once you get a compressor, you will wonder why you didn't buy one sooner!

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote