View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #10
MEDIK418
Registered Member

I took the CCW class way back when Texas first pased the law on them. I had every intention to get the permit but the class and my lil brain talked me out of it. I was afraid (knowing how I are) that I might let myself remain just a little bit longer in a threatening situation if I had the extra "confidence" with me where I would have vacated the area knowing all I had were my feets to defend myself. Not saying people would do this, just my redneck arse would wind up being the test case for this county. Anyway, I'm going to take the class again this spring and am looking for a 1911, probably a Kimber. Will I carry it all the time. . .no. But things are changing even around this part of the country and I don't think it's a case where you have to let yourself get into trouble anymore. I've never had any problems but more and more people I work with have been threatened by people who just like to terrorize decent folks and without provocation. Maybe it's my advanced years but I think it's time to join the pistol packin crowd.
Sad testament to life these days but i guess it's live or let out the dogs now.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote