View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Well, I'm back from checking it out. Really nice car. Everything on it is pretty much perfect. No oil leaks, under the car or in the engine bay. Underneath is very clean. Oil looks good. Drove the car a few miles, runs pretty smooth, tranny seems smooth. Brakes a little loose but shouldn't be a problem. Moon roof. The shocks on the rear hatch are worn--need to be replaced-- no biggy. Tires got probably another 10-15,000 miles on them. Original Pony wheels. Flowmasters and new A/C compressor are the only major changes to the car. Keyless remote entry for both doors and hatch. Carpet and interior is pretty much perfect. Sounds and looks great. Don't really like the shifter. Shifts don't agree with me- not b/c there's anything wrong with it, it's just that they feel too close together. Decent amt of power (nothing like the '79 though ) Probably will run high to mid 14s in the 1/4 if I took it now.

Well, she said she couldn't take less on the car than $5000. I got it down to $4900. Seems like a sweet deal. But couldn't withdraw the cash today from the bank. I got a $500 daily withdrawal limit. She said another guy who said he works on Mustangs was coming to look at it tonight. I told her that I'll have to leave work tomorrow and get a cashiers check for the amount and if it's still there, I'll get it. If dude comes and buys it tonight then I know it wasn't meant for me to get it. (already prayed about it and asked God if it wasn't best for me to get it, don't let me be able to buy it) So I'm not worrying about it.

Like I said, I would've rathered a auto instead of manual, but b/c it's a good deal, I'm willing to make an acception. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote