Thread: Mustang Models
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question Mustang Models

This is what I've been thinking about lately. During the '79-93 era, there were all kinds of Mustangs to chose from. You had choice of the LX hatchback or notchback, diff engine sizes, diff rear end gearing. You had the choice to get a GT, with those options as well. There were also the Cobras. They had the Saleens as well. Plus there were special models. Moreover, they were all pretty well distinguishable, ie, looked diff and had there own characterstics.

Nowadays, yeah, we got the V6s and the GTs, the Cobras and Saleens, but their really isn't as much versatility (diffs in them in terms of looks). Maybe it's just me, but that is something I've been noticing. And yeah, there are a good amount of special model Mustangs, Bullit, Mach 1..., but they all look pretty much the same to me.... (don't get me wrong, the Mach 1 is beautiful).

Anybody else ever feel like this???
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote