Thread: Thank You Ford!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 01:30 PM   #12
Vector
Registered Member

While I agree with what was said before about ford and the mustang, aren't you guys forgetting a few things? GM through Pontiac has actually a number of performance cars to replace the F-bodies, they unveiled the new GTO, a muscle car by all rights with more than 300 horsepower, before Ford could get out the new Mustang. The Bonneville SSei with more stock horsepower than the Mustang, and it's from a V6! It's frontwheel drive yes... but for joeblow looking between a Firebird/Camaro or one of those babies with it's luxury appeal too, he'll choose the Bonneville. I would too... if it weren't for that damned FWD. Don't blame GM for shutting down the F-bodies, if it's because of lack of consumer interest. What can they do about that? They tried their best (with the Camaro even becoming a better car than the Mustang in the end...) but STILL they couldn't stir up interest. So they made the right financial decision to shut it down. As for the import haters amongst you, yes there's lots of trash out there but there are a few gems too. The 350z being one of them, rear wheel drive with 290 horsepower! That sounds like a true sports car to me. There are others with similar numbers, I honestly believe the horsepower wars are starting up again. "Sporty" compac econo-boxes are one thing, but some of these imports can hold their own, and more. Now I'm not an import fan, and I prefer the roar of a V8 to anything anyday, but when they can put the numbers on the table, it's hard to look past them.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote