Thread: Life
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

1) Is there life on other planets?
Seems like a simple question, right? Looks are very decieving.

2) What constitutes life? How would you know it even if you saw it?

3) If there is life on another planet, did God create it? If a living thing on another planet dies, does it go to heaven?

4) If God didn't create life on any other planet, yet it exists, and someone visits that planet an dies, do they go to heaven/hell?

5) Do single celled organisms go to heaven? If they do, then by default, won't some go to hell?

6) My head hurts.

7) I have been developing my own theory about life and God. Basically, I believe in God and the He/she created everything there is in the universe. I also believe that God doens't care as much about what we do as the Church would have us believe. We are a failed experiment. A rough draft.

I think we still go to heaven, but not hell. Church has the entire world fooled about hell. The punishment for sin is not eternal damnation. The punishment is death.

=========================================

Now, this may surprise some of you, but I'm not the wisest person in the world (nor do I claim to be).... yes I know, shocking, huh, but truth nonetheless.... Moreover, even the wisest person on this earth doesn't know everything and cannot answer every and all questions of the universe.

1a) Yes. It'd almost be unthinkable that we are the only life in this entire universe....
But do those beings come down and visit us? Have we seen them? No.

2a) Life. There are different forms of life. Going to the extreme, cancer is a different (lower) form of life-- not created by God, but a result of man's own doings. The life of man. Man is a living soul which consists of the dust of the ground and the breath of life (from God, the creator). When we die, the process is reversed. The breath of life returns to God and the body returns to dust (as you can see what happens to our bodies when we die....).

3a) If there is life on other planets, which there is (but I believe FAR outside our galaxy or even solar system), then God created them. They cannot be there if God had not created them. They do not die b/c they are not sinful, they are perfect. The only reason we die is b/c we are sinful. God did not create us sinful, he created us perfect. We messed up (and still do), not him (nor has he ever).

4a) God is the God of the universe. He is not bound by space, so if someone (from Earth) goes to another planet and dies there, they are still bound by the principles of God, wherever they are.

5a) Single cell organisms or things do not go to heaven or hell. Once they're done, they're done, like animals. Heaven or hell is only an issue for Satan, his angels (the plan of hell was originally for him and his angels, or "demons"), and humans who reject Christ as their saviour, or more specifically, reject the death that Christ died in place of theirs.

6a) I can tell mine is gonna hurt....

7a) I believe in God as well and that He created everything in the universe and that He has always been. Hard to fathom. I also believe that people have created their own "gods". For every true thing, there is a counterfeit. However, those gods are only figments of imaginations and meaningless idols.

I believe God cares about us infinitely more than any church could try to have me believe. Although most things that seem too good to be true are either bad or untrue, this is not. God created us perfectly and perfect. We messed up (sinned). We messed ourselves up. We had and have the freedom of choice to do so. True love is reciprocated through free choice, not forced or coerced. We are not a failed experiment or a rough draft. But even though true love is by choice, the results of messing up had/s consequences.

The universal law is that the wages of sin (transgression of the law-- God's law) is death (eternal death, not eternal punishing).

Note: ***God loves us more than any human has the capacity to love another, but similar to how parents love their children and doesn't want us to die that final death (the death we die now is only a pause, a "sleep" in life, not really death). In the death we die now, the spirit (or breath of life-- power of life) goes back to God temporarily and the body decays back to dust from which it was formed in the beginning with Adam. We cease to exist (temporarily) because we are no longer a "living soul" (see 2a). The final death is the ultimate death (true death) and those beings will be eternally nonexistent (not changed in form, or evolved to something else), more acurately eternally separated from God after they die that eternal death. They will experience that eternal separation right b4 they die and from then on will be eternally separated from God. Once that breath of life is taken away and returned back to God, it will never be returned to that person. That person will never again think, touch, smell, laugh, cry, have a CHANCE to be, or BE united with God. That is the eternal punishment for those who refuse Christ. Not eternal punishing, but eternal punishment, or eternal damnation.***

So..... God loved us so he had to make a way around us receiving the punishment for sin. So what did he do? He sent his "son" (God puts things in terms that we as humans can relate to) who came in human flesh to to this planet to die that death in OUR place, which he died in 31 AD (another human could not have done that b/c he would have to die for his own sins, only Christ was perfect, so he had no sins for which to die so our sins--all that were ever or ever will be committed-- were placed on him, and he volunteered himself for this). All that is now asked of us regarding salvation is that we accept that death in place of ours and God as our God, and worship him alone as creator, provider, and sustainer of all things (which is all for our benefit-- he doesn't NEED us, but he loves us and when we worship him and do what he tells us, life on earth will be better and the ultimate reward will be well worth any trouble on this earth-- but many of us are too prideful to submit to God's authority and don't understand the quintessence of the matter). This is not fantasy, it is absolute reality.
Quote:
from 7), paragraph 2
I think we still go to heaven, but not hell. Church has the entire world fooled about hell. The punishment for sin is not eternal damnation. The punishment is death.
Most churches do have the "world" fooled about hell. I am pleasantly surprised that someone here understands that. You are almost correct when you say that the punishment for sin is not eternal "damnation." It's like this, if someone is exiled from his/her country for the rest of eternity, you could say that is eternal damnation, but it doesn't mean that that person is eternally tortured. It just means that person's sentence is final and eternal (whether in life or death). The popular belief is that those who go to hell are eternally tortured/burned, but that is not true. They will be done away with once and for all. Truthfully and sadly, they will burn for a short time and be done-- that's it. Then that will be the eternal end of sin. Remember, sin was not in God's plan but came about through freedom of choice-- our choice. God wants (and will) to do away with sin once and for all, that is the goal. If people were to burn in hell eternally 1) God would not be a just God, b/c the punishment would not fit the crime (eternal torture as a punishment for the 70-80 years that we sin on this earth) and 2) sin would continue to increase throughout eternity, b/c man in hell would eternally curse God for the pain and torture they would be receiving in hell.) Also, God would not be a loving God b/c he would have to give and sustain life to those living in hell (b/c all life comes from God), so he would essentially have sustain people to be burned for eternity . That is simply not love. No way.

Hell is less of an issue of where and more of an issue of WHEN. There is no hell now (when we speak of the hell in which evildoers will burn). Remember, when man dies (good or bad) the breath of life returns to God, and the body decays away back to dust. Hell Where: Earth. Hell When: a little over 1000 years after Christ returns to Earth, sometime in the "relatively" near future. Hell is simply the final phase of annhilating sin and death from this earth/galaxy and all who reject Christ and choose a life of sin, will be destroyed with those sins, their god (Satan and his evil angels will also be destroyed at that time). God doesn't want to do this or enjoy this, but if left unnattended, sin will corrupt the entire universe. He wants to save us and pull us out of this mess. He provided and provides a means of escape. It has essentially nothing to do with "religion". Simply put, it is reality and life, just like breathing. One does not have to believe or disbelieve it for it to be. It is what it is-- quiddity.

So yes, the punishment for sin is death-- eternal death/separation from God.

Man, I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy, naive or stupid, just another "religious" fanatic, or living in a world of fantasy. What can I say, I'm just a plain guy who loves Mustangs who desires to know what absolute truth is. I obviously don't know it all, but I take time to study things out and live life. I'm not some mental case who is looking for a fantasy that I can retreat to to make my stay in this world a better place. This is not from brainwashing or what "my pastor told me".

Everything cannot be explained with mathematical formulas. Man once thought the world was flat.

If you really desire to know what truth is, you will find it. If you really want to know, you will search. Whether you act accordingly to that knowledge is up to you. If you just don't care, well, I really don't know what to say, but it is sad.

One last thing, if you think all that I've typed is a bunch of foolishness and it makes you angry, that was not my purpose in typing it. I really hope you will care enough to search this stuff out one day for yourself. Don't let hypocritical "christians" or whatever group of people make you just say "screw it all, you really can't know what truth is." And, just b/c you may not understand something doesn't mean it is untrue. There is a saying I really believe in: "The single biggest cause of atheism in the world today, is christians, who profess Jesus with their lips, and walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyles. This is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Later guys.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote