View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #7
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Thats just the price you going to pay for living in a restrited area, county, state, whatever.

When the police come over invite them in and DON'T talk smack about the neighbors. The police already know those kinds of neighbors, ( There everywhere.) and they DON'T what to hear more of it. Do not make excuses for your actions, or your neighbors. Don't become a complainer like them. Friends of the police is good.

People in general criticize what they don't know. It may be hard but try to find a common ground. Make friends when ever possible. Circulate a flyer for a neighborhood party. At the party try to show them you meen no harm. Then explain the ( Tell me if you have a problem measage.) By just passing the flyer of explaination, you run the high risk of putting everyone on the defensive. Then you run the risk of it getting worse or creating enemies.

I have delt with alot of neighborhoods for various reasons. Ive set up neighborhood watches based on peoples suspicions of neighbors, they've never met. After everyone met, they shut down the neighborhood watch. Go figure.

Every neighborhood is different and so are its people. Don't feel like they all are after you. Usually its only one set with another set egging them on. In my hood of 50 homes there is one older couple that causes all the problems. Im sure more people are on your side, than arn't. (Reason for party.)

What ever you decide to do, think it out carefully. Seek out others that have had the same problems. Impliment a plan of action that is universal in goal. Maybe after you all are friends, you can lay down a two hundred foot black mark with them holding their thumbs up !