View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: $1750 for 6.5 HP, a story of rice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by white00GT
it only made 6.5 more hp that before??? Oh I know what the problem is.... it's a RICE!!! they must of not put the 10hp each stickers on the car before they made the dyno pull

Stickers..getting rice over the 100hp mark for years =P
Okay, so the Civic weighs in at 2700lbs.

Stock = 105whp or 25.71 lbs/hp
Modded = 111.5whp or 24.22lbs/hp

Those modifications probably cut between 2-3 tenths off the quarter mile time of the car. Though ridiculously expensive for the mods that were made, it's every bit as effective as the same mods on the Mustang.

The base model Civic was never really made to be a performance vehicle, but I wouldn't doubt that an additional 6.5whp is "noticable" on a car like that. Keep in mind, that's 6.5whp peak, not average. The modifications may have made a much larger difference over the entire power band of the engine.

People often point out that a catback system on a 5.0 Mustang is maybe worth 5 to 10hp, tops, it helps out a great deal ABOVE where the peak power of the engine is made. After all, most of us don't shift a 5.0 at 4200rpm the last time I checked.

The modifications made the car were legitimate. It's not like they added a tornado to it or something. Yeesh.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote