Thread: Before I marry
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Before I marry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Crazy
If you need security "incase" the marriage fails, aren't you setting it up for failure by doing that? Aren't you doubting your decision?? The thought of it not working and needing security to fall back on is a recipie for faliure before the committment is even made. Again just my opinion...maybe I have an old time way of thinking
Yeah, and if you put jackstands under your car when you jack it up, aren't you just setting the car up to fall? Your conclusion is so irresponsible that you obviously haven't given much thought to the whole concept. Some people may view the pre-nup as insurance in case they want to bail out of the marriage. I treat the concept as insurance in case the other person isn't as committed as they would indicate.

50% of marriages end in divorce because people aren't willing to work things out. WTF does that mean anyway? Work things out. That's what the people in that marriage have been doing since the inception of the relationship. The fact that women file for divorce twice as frequently as men sends a giant red flag up to me. If 50% of all marriages end in divorce, 80% of marriages end citing irreconcilable differences, and 67% of all divorces are requested by women, it would seem likely to me that a man faces better than a 1 in 4 chance that a woman will file for divorce for a stupid reason. There should never be an irreconcilable difference. What a stupid concept. Do you not think a difference in personality so great that it would lead to a divorce should have probably been readily apparent BEFORE the couple got married? There has been research that cites a woman divorces for power in many cases.

http://www.angryharry.com/tgWhyWomenDivorce.htm

What are the chances that your floor jack will fail while you're under the car? 1:4? Hell no. Not even 1:1000. You don't have to agree with getting a divorce. All it takes is one person in the relationship wanting to bail for any reason, and that relationship is done. Divorces papers are practically dispensed by gumball machines these days, and it's high time that people took responsibility for the problem.

I'm doing my part by being a loner. No divorces for me cause I'm not married, and at this point, I have no intention of becoming married.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote