Thread: Fuel Prices
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #13
82 GT
Import Slayer

Default Re: Fuel Prices

Your're forgetting that high gas prices affect everything else.
No, just the fact that gas is $3.50/gallon won't cause riots but factor in the the higher cost to heat homes, prices for goods bought in stores because companys charge more to to ship it there so the store raises their prices to offset the difference.
You're not seeing the whole picture.
Higher gas prices cause a domino effect on the economy which will cause the stealing, siphoning and crime that I talked about earlier.
Just remember, $3+/gallon might still be affordable to most upper class and middle class people but the people who really suffer are the lower class and poor.
Maybe the Mad Max syndrome might be a little far fetched but a more realistic prediction would be that someday there won't be a "middle class". You will either be rich or poor. No more "in the middle". The rich continue to get richer and the poor get poorer.
I consider myself middle class and I'll be the first to admit that I'm "feeling" these high gas prices.
I guess if you're wealthy, judging from your attitude and "matter of fact" responses, you have nothing to worry about.
So I guess the people that complain about the current fuel prices are just peons in your eyes...huh?
You're probably one of those guys that owns a Hummer and spends $75-$100 a week on fuel and thinks nothing of it.
When you pump $25 worth of fuel and only get 7 gallons of gas, that's bullcrap and you know it!
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote