View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: 2006 auto show... Camaro, Challenger are back...

I'm not sure all this retro throwback impresses me a lot. The originals are so much more than looks or performance. I think the real Mustangs died with the fox body. My 2002GT got a lot of compliments. It looked sweet, but it had maintanence problems up the yin-yang, and quite frankly, it had no personality. Oh, and it sounded like a school bus at low rpm.

Personality is what's important to me. If the car is going to portray itself as a modern day musclecar or throwback to the originals, it should act like the originals. At least to some extent. These cars they release today appease magazine editors that want their car to look like it could rip a hole through the pavement, but behave like grandma's station wagon going down the road.

To me, it's all exciting on the outside, bland on the inside. But, then again, that's what most people these days want. Just an object they can point to in the driveway. An image that doesn't need to do anything more than impress the neighbors and get from point A to point B as uneventfully as possible.

Leave the legends to the past or the people that still truly want them because the cars today aren't up to par with what those old cars had.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote