View Single Post
Old 12-29-2000, 11:51 AM   #1
cleangreenmachine

Post Attn: apartment dwellers (a little long)

Okay, this isn't specifically related to Mustangs, but I have a question for you.

I live in an apartment and love to tinker with my car. Sometimes these two things don't mix well. It doesn't get very cold in CA, so working outside isn't a problem. But I have to work in the street because my lease expressly forbids car maintenance in the parking lot. I can't keep my tools out in the street (obviously) or do any kind of work that would leave my car open to the elements, vandals, or thieves. I also can't leave the car up on stands for any length of time (eyesore = angry neighbors).

Some time down the road here, I would like to buy a second vehicle (maybe a truck) to do my daily driving and save the LX for heavy modding and pleasure cruises. The only options I can think of are using the garage at friend's parent's house (not practical for the long term), moving to a more wealthy area of my town where the apartments have garages (not practical now or in the forseeable future), or renting a self-storage area (expensive as heck).

Have any of you guys been in a similar situation? How did you deal with it? I know there's got to be some college students and other people without garages in this forum.

If any of you have read Stephen King's "Christine", there's mention of a facility where people can rent garage space by the hour, day, etc. But I get the impression that these are a thing of the past.

Thoughts, anyone?

------------------
Greg
91 LX Convertible