View Single Post
Old 01-05-2001, 01:58 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I'd have so say they are dead on with their reasoning.

I've seen what Blizzaks do in person, they are quite phenominal. If you were to mix all seasons on front, with say blizzaks on back it would lead to a potentially dangerous mismatch. The car would inspire a false sense of security when accelerating, while performing poorly when attempting to stop and corner. They can definately make it seem like the road is less slippery than it really is.

Bridgestone has issued a warning to that affect since the Blizzak hit the market, about 4 years ago I think. The Tire Rack has echoed that warning too. It appears that they have determined that there really is a liability to themselves over that time since the manufacturer states that the tires are not to be mixed, even with conventional snow tires.

It opens up a world of hurt to the Tire Rack if some one files a lawsuit. It's quite simple to say that the represenative at the Tire Rack didn't say anything about the potential hazards of mixing the Blizzaks with other tires. After all, why would any one take that risk?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote