Thread: Darn cop!!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2001, 10:50 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs down

stangman27, just b/c of the fact that you ask us should you fight the speeding ticket makes me question whether or not you are sure if you were speeding. Anyway, if you KNOW that you were not speeding, by all means FIGHT it (but if you're not, I wouldn't waste my time)! It is not your job in life to please cops. Bring up the issue about the radar detector and basically HOW he determined you were speeding. If anything, you need to be honest and don't back down.
If you win or lose, it'll make you a little wiser.

Rick 91GT, you can easily complain and get the cop in trouble (name and car #)if he makes a snide remark about not liking your car and says that he is waiting for you to screw up. It's not his job to make such comments. I would have LOVED to answer such a comment.

C'MON. YOU GUYS GOTTA KNOW YOUR RIGHTS A LITTLE BETTER IF YOU'RE GONNA DRIVE THOSE KIND OF CARS!

The thing about the legal system is that people will try their best to milk it-- yes EVEN the courts. If you don't bring up issues that favor your case or go against the cop's case, neither the judge nor the cop is gonna point them out (who do you think the money goes to when you pay a ticket???!!--the city, or state, depending on who pulls you over)

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote