View Single Post
Old 02-19-2001, 08:28 PM   #24
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Inferno-
Keep in mind that most of the replays you are seeing are probably in slow motion. When I first saw the crash I didn't think it looked that bad either, but when I saw it in real time(not slow motion) it is a lot more violent. Just look at the in car camera view and that tells you how quickly and violently it happened. Also, it wasn't directly head on, but the angle was still a hell of a lot closer to 90 degrees than it was to 0 degrees. Zero degrees being parallel to the wall and 90 being perpendicular. Plus it happened in a turn which is part of what made it closer to 90 degrees than 0. I'm positive if there was a overhead camera shot it would be a lot clearer just how bad it really was.

RedLilPony-
Those are great memories to have. Mine aren't quite as early as yours even though I'm a couple years older than you. I have however watched a few races with my dad and I know how special that can be. The fact that he drove a chevy really didn't matter to me at all. I'm a car guy first and foremost. Yeah, I love Mustangs a lot better than I like Camaro's, but a cool car is a cool car and a kickass driver is a kickass driver and that's what Dale was for me. He was my favorite driver for about 8 or 9 years now and will be for the rest of my life. I'm actually a little surprised there aren't more posts on here about Dale. I realize it's mainly a Ford board, but it's still a little weird.

Oh well, all that matters is that February 18, 2001 will go down as a sad day for a lot of people. Old or young, male or female, Earnhardt fan or not.

God bless you and your family Dale and thanks for some good ol' racin'.

Jeff

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, March pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote