View Single Post
Old 06-06-2001, 07:30 PM   #3
Power
Registered Member

I can add my story to this, but mine turns out good in the end.

A year and half ago I was purchasing a new car and had ridden to the lot with a friend. I had talked down the salesman on a new (2000) focus and was about done with the deal. Seeing as how I was buying the car my buddy leaves. As soon as he leaves the salesman comes back to me and says his manager won't let him do the deal we talked about.

Instead he suggests I purchase a smaller car(i was only spending around 15k), one that was "more in my price range". So he leads me out to a festiva, a old prelude, and a small truck. The truck is the little ranger with nothing at all, basic bones only. I calmly tell him where to put it and he suggests we go over to the "Sister" lot and see what they have. So we do and I finally found a decent Acura Integra (96) that isnt in too bad of shape. I complete the deal and return home. Now to put this in to perspective, I am about to be deployed and needed it for my wife to drive.

Here is where it gets good, take note future car buyers. I knew the bank they were going to finance me through and called them on Monday(purchase was on Friday). I let them know that the car was a lemon(flat tire on the way home) and that I was returning it and not to finance me. They said ok after some verification and hung up. Then I called the car lot and said that I would return the car but was currently on deployment.

My wife drove the car for 35 days, and then we returned it. They complained about mileage charges and me signing a contract and yada yada yada, but they had sold me a car the was by definition a lemon. In hawaii, its against the law to sell lemons so I got to return it.

Yeah, I suppose I could have gotten into legal trouble but it was worth taking it back to them and giving them a big **** you.

Another fun thing to do is just drive through lots really slow and let the salesman walk beside you trying to convince you to get out. They get tired of walking after a bit.....
Power is offline   Reply With Quote