View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 10:04 AM   #5
Capri306

Fox Body: I used to feel the same way when the only fox I had was my 1979 Capri. You're right, it's a real B!TCH to find parts for these cars (try finding a 1979 5.0 accelerator cable. What a joke!). However, this can work in your favor some ways. If you want a hood, then make a mold, some resin & fiberglass, and create it. A totally custom hood. Who knows? Somebody might see it and really like it, then you can make some $$$. I dunno, excuse me for running off on a tangent there.

Yeah, I know you may think of me as a "sell-out" getting my '87 notch, but as a college student it's the only affordable thing I could do. Don't worry, I still have the ol' Capri, it's a great solid car. Plus, I think on another level, anybody that DOES build up a '79-'82 Mustang or Capri really gets more respect from me, just because I've been there.

Don't blame the aftermarket, dude. It's not their fault that Ford changed hood designs so much in the early 80's. They're in the market to sell what's profitable, just like any other business. Like I said, you may have to resort to making your own parts, but that's more fun IMHO anywayz.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote