View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 02:13 PM   #9
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

This post has "inspired" me, so I put together the following email to see if I can reach the masses via FORWARD after FORWARD etc...

I know this is true... I wrote it. Kevin Rowe. (A.K.A. 2FastLX)

99.99999999% of the time if you get an email that says "I know this is true, I experienced it myself" or "Please forward to everyone in your address book" or anything remotely similar to these statements it is BOGUS and is a fictional story created solely to collect email addresses for spam companies so they can send "electronic junk mail" to all the addresses they collect. No matter WHAT the story, or how important it may seem... 99.99999999% of the time these are bogus. Believe that!!!

HOW TO FORWARD A FORWARD
If for some strange reason you feel the need to pass something on to one of your friends feel free to hit the FORWARD button in your email program... but, before you hit SEND make sure you delete all of the previous recipients and senders from the message. If you don't you are inadvertantly falling into their stupid little trap and submitting all of your friends' names and email addresses to spam companies for them to use, sell, or do whatever they decide to do with. What a friend you are huh?

HOW DO I KNOW THIS IS ACTUALLY TRUE?
If you get a lot of FORWARDS from your friends, do you also notice you get a ton of spam mail? Did you ever stop to think where these compainies are getting your address from? Ask people you have forwarded forwarded forwarded forwarded (get it?) stuff to if they get the same spam as you. You may be surprized.

REMEMBER this the next time a crisis hits your inbox and you just have to send it to all of your "friends".

Thanks for listening, and "PLEASE FORWARD TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK!!!"

P.S. Don't forget to delete all of the email addresses that I sent this to before you send it to all your friends. I get way too much spam mail as it is.

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 10-16-2001).]
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote