View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 10:58 PM   #39
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***It should also be noted that states with mandatory helmet requirements have a higher motorcycle fatality rate than those that don't.

Not true. I did a huge report back in high school, on motorcycle saftey by the way. Everyone has a choice, frankly I don't care if you wear a helmet or not. But saying that it won't help you in the event of a crash is pure stupidity. And by the way, it's just the opposite of what you said. States that have mandatory helmet laws, have fewer fatal crashes on motorcycles. So your telling me if a guy without a helmet crashes at 5mph and hits his head on the cement, he is better prepared, than a guy wearing a helmet in the same situation? It could be the choice between life and death, you can decide your fate. I have seen many people walk away from high speed crashes. They would not have walked away from the crashes if it hadn't been for protective gear, and a helmet. Also I have seen people face plant without a helmet and it ground their face all the way down to nothing, and all you can see are two eyeballs and a tongue hanging there in a bunch of tore up meat and blood, but the guy was alive, everything was fine, except for his face, if only he had a helmet, he would've been fine.....You can choose to not wear a helmet, most harley guys do...and that is why most harley crashes are fatal. But please do not promote not wearing a helmet is safer, I wear a helmet all the time when riding a street bike, for wind protection, bug protection, etc...and mostly because I feel naked without it, kinda like a seatbelt. Why take a chance of dying on a stupid crash? And it could also save your life in the event of a major crash. Yeah..you can have the attitude, that if your going to crash hardcore, you'll want to die anyway. But it's people like you that when they do crash they wish'd they would've had a helmet. But it's ok...all it takes is one, and then it's too late for most people. Motorcyclist, should always wear protective gear, and saftery equipment when they ride. Also you failed to mention in your endless supply of motorcycle/helmet statistics, that MOST fatal motorcycle accidents, are caused because of head injuries. "Hmmmm...that just proves dem damed ol helmets are more dangerous to wear on the head. You ****** hillbilly." Geez, I can hear you saying that now. Why wouldn't you wear a helmet anyway, I have a BAD A$$ that I am proud to carry around. It's a great conversation piece and the girls dig it too. ;o)

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.
PRO 5.0 shifter(for sale)
BBK SFC(for sale)
5" AM Ph. tach(for sale)
BBK 70mm TB and EGR spacer(for sale)more....

2000 SS

1 bad *** 1989 tubbed S-10

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 10-17-2001).]
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote